• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco

Baroclinic Zone

44/43, mist, gusty NW wind, a raw day. Went over to the Catskills today for some pre-season backcountry scouting. The area around Windham and Hunter was trashed by Irene, some impressive damage. Cold air started to filter in immediately after the rain stopped this morning. Very Nasty, low visibility day in the high terrain. Some great new steep pitches/routes planned, can't wait for the snow. Endless summer, lol. More like a few last death convulsions. It's over Johnny, it's over.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhhh gullivers travels on almost two hours of peace. In the last 20 minutes a very noticable drop in temps and a very gust nw wind

Hey Joe, I survived 7 six year olds running around the house screaming last weekend for my daughter's birthday sleepover. We tried to calm them down with a movie and popcorn. It didn't work, more chaos ensued. Fortunately, I was able to have Sunday afternoon to myself and got to see the Bills beat the Pats in solitude. What a great game.

Hey Joe, I survived 7 six year olds running around the house screaming last weekend for my daughter's birthday sleepover. We tried to calm them down with a movie and popcorn. It didn't work, more chaos ensued. Fortunately, I was able to have Sunday afternoon to myself and got to see the Bills beat the Pats in solitude. What a great game.

It was hectic especially when the two boys were here, but now they are angelic! Pizza, cupcakes, marshmellows in the fireplace and now popcorn....they are getting sleepy.

down to 56, dropping quickly the last hour, gusty nw wind, feels great

Keep your eyes peeled for a major pattern shift to cold starting week 3 of the month. Our good friend the AO is calling.

Euro weeklies wanted to go colder past Oct 20th or so, but its pretty far out. Sometimes they will rush the pattern change. I'm hoping this is the year we finally get a good November snow event...we've been in a drought for that.

Euro weeklies wanted to go colder past Oct 20th or so, but its pretty far out. Sometimes they will rush the pattern change. I'm hoping this is the year we finally get a good November snow event...we've been in a drought for that.

Yea they always do but I would tend to think by Halloween we are pretty entrenched in a colder pattern which of course could lead to something. All in all pretty much on schedule.

It was hectic especially when the two boys were here, but now they are angelic! Pizza, cupcakes, marshmellows in the fireplace and now popcorn....they are getting sleepy.

down to 56, dropping quickly the last hour, gusty nw wind, feels great

Fireplace lit? Got two of my granddaughters here, quiet as mice. Grandma is playing in a softball tournament in NH while I babysit. Yanks!

Archived