joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Crew Check In Thread

WeatherNC

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookout is here, check the moderating team... Not sure what to make of Marcus's message, but for him to just pull the plug like that shows a lack of respect to a member driven board over the past 7 years. The wealth of knowledge on those HD's is invaluable and for it to be lost is basically a big middle finger to all of us who have given both the time and money to make it what it was. I don't understand why he could not of just handed over the keys to the others, or at-least given them access to the data so it could be imported over here. Instead, he seems to be trying to save face in pissing match he did not even show up for. That tells me he could care less about the avg Joe and what that board has meant to us over the years. I will give him credit that he put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to make it happen, but for things going down the way they did today, reflects discredit on his part and props to the other staff for seeing it coming and acting in a manner that was best for our community as a whole. beer.gif

Hurricane Josh posted in OT that Marcus has agreed to bring Eastern back in read-only, not sure for how long, but it will allow folks to retrieve stuff. While better than just letting it vanish, the wealth of data and information contained over there is impossible to duplicate without the actual drives.

Lookout is here, he is on the moderating team and just posted in OT, Rosie also created an account today but has not posted...

Here. This board is pretty slow understandably with the short notice and now flocking to the new server. I posted a message on FB for a few who I think may not know. Saw another post as well, so eventually I'm sure all others will find out where to go.

Our hosting company will be switching us to a dedicated server in the next day or so. I originally purchased a modest server hosting package Monday paid for by a small donation from staff which covered a month. Given how poor the performance was once everyone flocked over, we kicked off a quick public donation. Thanks to the generosity and support of you all, we can upgrade and pay off hosting for at least most of next year.

Archived