Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Crew Check In Thread

WeatherNC

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone seen Larry???

I just got here. I just registered this morning. Interestingy, I just found this BB this morning via a thread at the Accuwx boards. With yesterday being kind of slow wxwise, I first found out about Eastern only last night just before bed when I read the message from vortmax. So, I'm sure most anyone who puts in a little effort will find this BB once they find out and do their searching. From the N GA and nearby areas, it looks like a good number have already registered but with a good number still missing. Also, I do recall an occasional poster from Savannah (I don't recall his nick) and wonder if he'll be here eventually.

Lookout is here, check the moderating team... Not sure what to make of Marcus's message, but for him to just pull the plug like that shows a lack of respect to a member driven board over the past 7 years. The wealth of knowledge on those HD's is invaluable and for it to be lost is basically a big middle finger to all of us who have given both the time and money to make it what it was. I don't understand why he could not of just handed over the keys to the others, or at-least given them access to the data so it could be imported over here. Instead, he seems to be trying to save face in pissing match he did not even show up for. That tells me he could care less about the avg Joe and what that board has meant to us over the years. I will give him credit that he put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to make it happen, but for things going down the way they did today, reflects discredit on his part and props to the other staff for seeing it coming and acting in a manner that was best for our community as a whole. beer.gif

Some of it was pretty much was a load of crap. I have always been a big supporter of his, probably the biggest, but his behavior in recent weeks were deplorable and totally unprofessional in my view. Randy and company have done a good job explaining what really happened but you are asking the same question we have been asking for years.

Lookout hadn't posted back on Eastern for a while it seems. Hopefully someone is able to contact him. NeGA should show up soon, he'll figure things out if he didn't get the memo.

Yeah I've been pretty scarce of late because I've had a lot on my plate in recent weeks. Just haven't had much time to be here. Nice to see I'm not forgotten though :wub:

The entire situation has been a nightmare though. Everyone put so much time, energy, and effort into that place and it's frustrating and depressing as hell he yanked the rug out from under us even though 9/10 of the staff was on his side when all this drama started unfolding. Even worse, after he bans himself, we finally were able to do what he wanted to do with certain members.

Then of course he bans himself and after threatening to shut the place down he doesn't talk to anyone for weeks and for him to sit there and act all surprised that the staff had to do something is really a joke. Randy, johh, brian, earthlight, and everyone else did what they felt they had to do for this community because he took his ball and ran home. The only reason they did this was for all of you and for him to claim it was for anything else is wrong and pretty disgusting to be honest.

Like I said, I was a big supporter of his. He took a lot of crap from certain people, most of which was unfair, and that part of his message is true. He really did bust his ass for eastern, But the way he handled this in the end was wrong and unfair to everyone.

But it's a new day, it's time to move on, and everyone is on the same page. Everything and everyone that made eastern great is here and brian, john, randy, etc deserve a huge amount of credit. They were in large part why eastern succeeded and once again they have proven why.

It's great to see everyone here, I feel like the southeastern crew is pretty much like a family, I've known some here for close to 10 years, and if it was all lost and I couldn't hear everyone's thoughts and interact with all of you, it really and truly would have hurt me personally because you guys are the best.

Man, totally clueless about all the behind the scene happenings. Just thankful we all have a place to come to. Can't imagine going through a winter without all the SE obs(neighbors). Hopefully everyone else can find their way over here. Be nice if the eastern board would post a link. Had to dig hard and thanks to another forum providing this link, found my way.

Yeah I've been pretty scarce of late because I've had a lot on my plate in recent weeks. Just haven't had much time to be here. Nice to see I'm not forgotten though :wub:

It's great to see everyone here, I feel like the southeastern crew is pretty much like a family, I've known some here for close to 10 years, and if it was all lost and I couldn't hear everyone's thoughts and interact with all of you, it really and truly would have hurt me personally because you guys are the best.

Glad to see a post by you again. I didn't know Vortmax, so I can't comment at all really and certainly didn't know the behind-the scenes of anything at Eastern, esp. since I never asked questions or ventured out of the Southeast thread often, or into off topic section...but I do know Randy and John and you as far as staff goes, and you guys are great. Honest, ethical, unbias and pretty much everything a poster could want or expect , so for all that, I commend all of you for devoting so much of your unpaid time and effort for this forum, that many of us, including me, might have taken for granted....guess you never know when things could be snatched in a flash. And like a lot of others in the SE crew, I'd be lost without this connection. I feel like we've grown friendships and comradery at professional and personal levels, and learned a lot from interacting with our neighbors, no matter which state they reside.

I've never given $ to the site, but have learned so much invaluable info and partook of other's wealth of knowledge and resources, that it has made me realize, I should give...so, definitely putting Americanwx on the Christmas list this season..

Now, off to check the wx...ready for some rain.

I made it, found out about it last night on another forum, Boy was I worried. I called POWERSTROKE and told him eastern was gone, We started searching other forums and found a link to here, Thank goodness !!! I hate to think about going through a winter without the SE poeple..... Glad to see all of you again !!!!

I had some terrible heart palpitations when I woke up this morning to find Eastern gone. All the people and all the knowledge....just gone. What is life without knowledge? Just endless sex and other hedonistic pursuits :) Fortunately I know how to do the Google, so now I'm all better, and winter can come... with me prepared with the Knowledge. But I sure hate losing all the past years of information. I've been trying to self educate reading past posts and past past posts on everything under the sun. Is all that gone for good? Say it ain't so!! Tony

Hey guys! I read this forum (eastern) regularly although never bothered posting before. I was quite freaked out to see it was gone. And then when my browser wouldn't load this forum (american) last night I was really getting worried. Glad to say I have decided to start posting here. :)

welcome! glad to see another n ga poster (and you arent that far from mby lol)

Still have not seen

Dan

SnowJoe

QueenCityWX

Anyone else??

Brick Tamland poster_oops.gif

In all seriousness, I will make a list later this evening of who has checked in and post it here. Off the top of my head I don't know who we are missing, but likely a lot of folks who do not check in regularly, or only come over when it's about to SN. Staff and members have done an excellent job in helping former Eastern refuges find AwxF. Anyone who knows how to google should be able to find us. gun.gif

That would be killer...

thanks

Brick Tamland poster_oops.gif

In all seriousness, I will make a list later this evening of who has checked in and post it here. Off the top of my head I don't know who we are missing, but likely a lot of folks who do not check in regularly, or only come over when it's about to SN. Staff and members have done an excellent job in helping former Eastern refuges find AwxF. Anyone who knows how to google should be able to find us. gun.gif

Archived