• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

How in the f does every other piece of guidance trend east and the f'ing Euro trends 100 miles farther west.

We've asked that question for many years...the answer generally seems to be: "The Euro is a better model than the others"

I still have some optimism for the clipper...and even the ice threat isn't dead for the interior, but that trend is definitely not good.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've asked that question for many years...the answer generally seems to be: "The Euro is a better model than the others"

I still have some optimism for the clipper...and even the ice threat isn't dead for the interior, but that trend is definitely not good.

I need a break from the weather . This is taking yrs off my life.

yay...

lol

At least upstate NY gets screwed too..Don't need snow in Syracuse and rain here.. What an awful turn of events. I feel like smashing something

actually, the more i look at this...

hmm, I say try to avoid having primary low tunnel vision. There is clearly a secondary trying to form there

HPC still hugging the middle

FINAL...

UNFORTUNATELY...THE BALANCE OF THE MODELS HAS NOT CHANGED WITH THE

12Z CYCLE. THE GFS HAS COME SLIGHTLY NORTHWARD WITH THE TRACK OF

THE MAIN SURFACE LOW AS IT APPROACHES THE APPALACHIANS...BUT THE

GEFS MEAN HAS COME A HAIR SOUTH. THE UKMET CONTINUES ITS SOUTHERN

TRACK...KEEPING THE SPLIT FLOW SEPARATE OVER EASTERN NORTH

AMERICA. THE GEM GLOBAL IS STILL TO THE NORTH...WITH MORE

NORTHERN STREAM INTERACTION. WILL STICK WITH THE MEAN USED FOR

THE UPDATE PACKAGE...WHICH CONTINUES TO BE THE COURSE OF LEAST

REGRET. MORE CERTAIN IS THE INVASION OF MODIFIED ARCTIC AIR IN

THE WAKE OF THE BIG EASTERN WAVE...WITH NORTH WINDS DRIVING SOME

OF THE COLDEST AIR OF THE SEASON SO FAR DEEP THROUGH THE EASTERN

STATES AND DOWN THE FLORIDA PENINSULA BY THE END OF THE PERIOD.

I took a break from the forum after yesterday's less than joyous news. I've come back today to find that we're right where we left off, except not 150 or so hours out, but 24 hours closer.

Either way, I don't have a good feeling about this. Not looking to get all negative and jump the gun, but it will be easier to put the noose up before it rains.

For those looking for the Positive thoughts, I give you this: I am positive that the noose will snap my neck instantly.

. . . But then again, life may be worth living as it's not even winter yet.

realistically, lets say this clipper friday (wait, I haven't even read enough today...do we still have the clipper potential for Friday?)...but lets say this clipper somehow BLOWS UP Friday, are we still in the game for Monday?

Yes I would think so...at least for more ice if not more snow. Too much interaction with the northern PV will be tough to overcome.

The clipper hasn't been trending well the past few runs though. Still over 3 days out despite everything "seemingly" so close in time.

Yes I would think so...at least for more ice if not more snow. Too much interaction with the northern PV will be tough to overcome.

The clipper hasn't been trending well the past few runs though. Still over 3 days out despite everything "seemingly" so close in time.

alright thanks, been spending so much time running around before finals that I haven't been able to look or read much, thanks for the summary. It'd be cool to see SOMETHING go our way, we all deserve it. Last time I saw more than a couple of inches of snow in CT was over 10 months ago, yikes..

Archived