• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

I remember the '92 storm well. I was here in Lowell (college at the time) and finals just ended. Started as rain on Friday evening, but drove out Rt 113 into Ashby where it turned to snow. Snow followed me all the way back to Tyngsboro and I was so excited I hit up the Blue Moon for a lap dance. ****e you not. Funny thing abotu that storm was it was snoww all night for me, but rain snow line never really made it south of 495 until tail end. Friend had to take the GRE's in 18" of mashed potatoes. They never called them off.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the bottom line is this. It is still rather early...12/7....Pearl Harbor Day. This Day was the 9/11 of my youth...keeping in mind I was born only 5 years later.

We'll certainly have some good cold and maybe we'll get lucky and get some plowable snow down within the next 10 days. Looks like a bit of a long shot but it could happen.

That track would have the potential for a decent front end dump, if only high pressure could stick around to our north a little longer. Heavy heavy southerly LLJ

The clipper actually completely screws us in that setup...it sets up a lot of WAA but then is weak enough that there is almost no CAA on the backside of it (all while not giving us much snow)...leaving us with a crappy airmass. Just another way that we find new ways to fail.

I remember the '92 storm well. I was here in Lowell (college at the time) and finals just ended. Started as rain on Friday evening, but drove out Rt 113 into Ashby where it turned to snow. Snow followed me all the way back to Tyngsboro and I was so excited I hit up the Blue Moon for a lap dance. ****e you not. Funny thing abotu that storm was it was snoww all night for me, but rain snow line never really made it south of 495 until tail end. Friend had to take the GRE's in 18" of mashed potatoes. They never called them off.

That was wild storm. Rained like heck in Boston but r/s line crashed to the coast around 7AM and we ended up with about 9 inches. I made snow angels by the Brookline reservoir that day.

keeping in mind I was born only 5 years later.

We'll certainly have some good cold and maybe we'll get lucky and get some plowable snow down within the next 10 days. Looks like a bit of a long shot but it could happen.

Walter-Breuning-Worlds-Oldest-Man-114.jpg

tongue.gif

serious day to remember though, I have a special respect for veterans and I'm actually considering the air force after I get out of college

Well--it ain't much, but this is the best that one can expect at this point, I suppose.

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

430 PM EST TUE DEC 7 2010

. .SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN RAIN LIKELY WITH

A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE AFTERNOON. LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION

POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

60 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...

THEN RAIN LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

NOT AS COOL. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

22.8/15

The clipper actually completely screws us in that setup...it sets up a lot of WAA but then is weak enough that there is almost no CAA on the backside of it (all while not giving us much snow)...leaving us with a crappy airmass. Just another way that we find new ways to fail.

Will WTF is that "thingy" that forms off N florida and meanders it's way N/NNE up the entire coast bending us in the interior over a bit more before the main low gets here.

I remember that thread on some other wx board "+.01C Rainstorm" or something

What other ways will 2010 get us?

That was wild storm. Rained like heck in Boston but r/s line crashed to the coast around 7AM and we ended up with about 9 inches. I made snow angels by the Brookline reservoir that day.

I got to admit i really don't remember what other areas got. I can only remember it was at least 18" of heavy wet for me in Lowell but my roommate came up that Saturday early morning from the cape to take the exam and he said how it was rain down there (at the time of his drive) and wasn't really any significant accumulation until he hit the Wang Towers where it basically went from barely nothing to about 18" in a matter of a mile or so.

Heh, I was so pumped being burried while my folks on the coast in Peabody barely had anything.

Yeah, we started seeing that trend especially over the last 24 hours. What a bummer.

That said, the 18z gfs ensembles keep the hopes alive for some weenies, of a rain to snow scenario.

Yeah, we started seeing that trend especially over the last 24 hours. What a bummer.

That said, the 18z gfs ensembles keep the hopes alive for some weenies, of a rain to snow scenario.

I can't help but thinking how bad the GEFS are going to end up looking...they came east against at 18z and now track the storm from S if LI to EAST of CHH.

:lol: yeah I was noticing that too on the last few runs.

Too weak to suppress ridging over the northeast;

just strong enough to cripple our fresh cold airmass;

and just strong enough to add energy to the PV, dropping it further south, increasing interaction with the Monday s/w.

I don't even care about getting snow from that stupid system, I just want it to stop f*cking up our chances with the Monday storm.

also the euro is the primary model bending us over right? and it's outside of it's 4.5 day range. by about 18 hours lol? but still

interesting that the gfs has the energy pretty stagnant over the PAC NW from now until hour 54-60 or so then kicks our future BIG low into the intermountain west. seems a bit strange?

I got to admit i really don't remember what other areas got. I can only remember it was at least 18" of heavy wet for me in Lowell but my roommate came up that Saturday early morning from the cape to take the exam and he said how it was rain down there (at the time of his drive) and wasn't really any significant accumulation until he hit the Wang Towers where it basically went from barely nothing to about 18" in a matter of a mile or so.

Heh, I was so pumped being burried while my folks on the coast in Peabody barely had anything.

I was living in Lowell at the time as well, on Sarah Ave. What a great storm.

Will got it better

I think that you had more than 18" because when all was said and done I had 18" on the level, with a total fall of about 22".

Flipped over around 3-4 AM.

first floor. Blue house in the parking lot. Terrible house that I lived in for 3 years

Well I lived in the third floor from 90-93 and second floor in '94. Were you roommates with Thompson, Mengalitis and Hazelwood? Or were you there later? I think I remember a guy named Parek and an asian guy who stuttered. Second floor was a bunch of weirdo's I never met.

Freakin' small world

38-40 sarah.bmp

Archived