Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I turned on the WFAN NYC 660 at 1000 AM Joe and Evan show live from Boston. I swear I was hearing the SNE thread, exact quotes, first line from them."What a total disaster"

then "people will be jumping off the Verrazano" " folks have given up on the whole season" etc. I had to laugh at the parallel to our winter so far. Bottom line though it's only one game. Bridge jumpers galore, too funny, you would think it will never snow again. The Jets will never win again either.

This morning I turned on the WFAN NYC 660 at 1000 AM Joe and Evan show live from Boston. I swear I was hearing the SNE thread, exact quotes, first line from them."What a total disaster"

then "people will be jumping off the Verrazano" " folks have given up on the whole season" etc. I had to laugh at the parallel to our winter so far. Bottom line though it's only one game. Bridge jumpers galore, too funny, you would think it will never snow again. The Jets will never win again either.

lots of snow around the 19th-23rd ginx

Guys this is still 144 hours out... Do we ever want to be in the bullseye 144 hours out? It can only get better from here IMO, can't get worse because its already showing rain.

This kind of analysis is entirely anecdotal, worthless and is better suited for a HS cheerleading team.

This is rain.....not the end of the world, but it is what it is....as we thought.

We may get shutout through the first half of December.

Its certainly possible...hopefully though if that happens, we can get a system in here before Xmas, and once that happens, maybe it will open the floodgates for snow events....ala 2008. I think we had half an inch on the season through the 15th...then had over 30" by the time the ball dropped.

Its certainly possible...hopefully though if that happens, we can get a system in here before Xmas, and once that happens, maybe it will open the floodgates for snow events....ala 2008. I think we had half an inch on the season through the 15th...then had over 30" by the time the ball dropped.

The last half of the month will be a crucial two weeks should this go the way it very much appears that it will.

What did you think of the euro ensembles toward the end?

What did you think of the euro ensembles toward the end?

I thought they looked ok...the west based -NAO looks to be decaying and the PAC is less hostile (though still not ideal)...it should give us chances. I mean, its all we can ask for at this point. We will have been in a decent longer wave pattern for the most part since Dec 4-5 by the time we get to mid month I think. Its too bad some permutations in the field are going against us at the moment (as they have for quite a while now), but if we keep that general look that the ensembles have, we'll have something break our way.

I thought they looked ok...the west based -NAO looks to be decaying and the PAC is less hostile (though still not ideal)...it should give us chances. I mean, its all we can ask for at this point. We will have been in a decent longer wave pattern for the most part since Dec 4-5 by the time we get to mid month I think. Its too bad some permutations in the field are going against us at the moment (as they have for quite a while now), but if we keep that general look that the ensembles have, we'll have something break our way.

That's how I feel, although I think people need to realize we might be shut out for a couple of weeks. We could easily get a quick advisory or low end warning event before then, but I wonder if we wait until that week before Christmas for something good. Like you said, that's all we can ask for. Just wait and hope.

If we can get some snow out these next 2 events..I'll drop my ballz in Ray's mouth

LOL, This is one of the first viral videos of the internet age. I have this video saved on my computer dated from 1998.

This is exactly how I feel watching the model trends lately. :axe:

BTW, what's amazing about this pattern is that based on the long range, it appears that the mean pattern is unchanged for the entire month of December. GOA Low followed by a minor ridge in the west and zonal flow leading into the negatively tiled trough in the northeast which is bumping into the Greenland block.

if I remember correctly you were never that gung-ho on December, March is a different story?

Correct....December normal to slightly below snowfall.....March one for lore......

I do not expect a shutout this month, however I think it will be a pretty forgettable month as far as snow goes.

I did expect a slightly below month relative to normal.

Archived