EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the category of  "Hobbies of mine that I care deeply about, yet I can't control the outcome of" ........I would gladly take a dominating Patriots team over a snowstorm in the middle of December.     That being said, there's plenty more winter to come, right?

660  The Fan has been priceless today,  esp this AM.      I'd rather see the Jets lose next week than the Patriots win :D

Sorry for the OT... winter and snow isn't over either, just on hiatus

Does anyone think that this system comes more east with time? I mean the EURO develops the -NAO west based block too late.

The west based -NAO block is in response to this system...so that feature will not be present prior to the system moving in. It will only come east if it has less interaction with the PV to the north, and to a lesser extent, if the clipper is stronger and better with redevelopment...the latter looking less likely as we get closer.

It would be nice to see even a dusting on Friday. Euro basically has a windshift line coming through, although I could still see areas of -sn with that. Regardless, it truly is Dr. No.

maybe one of those deals where the further N and W you are the better chances that you get a brief period of steady light snow?

edit: also...check pm

The west based -NAO block is in response to this system...so that feature will not be present prior to the system moving in. It will only come east if it has less interaction with the PV to the north, and to a lesser extent, if the clipper is stronger and better with redevelopment...the latter looking less likely as we get closer.

If I didn't look at the qpf, you would think even a little area of -sn over sne..based on the vortmax coming through. I guess it's probably too disjointed from the other vortmax north of Lake Huron and we can't get any Atlantic inflow established...or at least very little established, on the last couple of runs.

If I didn't look at the qpf, you would think even a little area of -sn over sne..based on the vortmax coming through. I guess it's probably too disjointed from the other vortmax north of Lake Huron and we can't get any Atlantic inflow established...or at least very little established, on the last couple of runs.

So keeping it real Scooter, are we looking at nothing of "winter like" interest along the coastal plain until the week of Xmas as it looks right now?

"generally speaking"

Wow, I take a few hours away from the board and gloom has apparently turned to doom.

Told myself I wouldn't commit to pessimism until after wed. night euro so I'll stick to that thanks.

I will say that the prospect of only seeing a T - 2" of snow through mid December was not what i had in mind when there was talk of winter getting off to a strong start in the NE and then "relaxing" for a while.

:whistle:

So keeping it real Scooter, are we looking at nothing of "winter like" interest along the coastal plain until the week of Xmas as it looks right now?

"generally speaking"

I wouldn't say that right now. There are way too many things that could happen with that block in place. While it's possible, I'll be amazed if a good chunk of sne doesn't see a decent wintry event by Chritsmas. I don't mean a KU, but something plowable at least....several inches or something. Maybe it comes two weeks from now..I don't know. It's not a horrific pattern, we just haven't been able to capitalize on it yet, but I wouldn't rule out another cutter either.

Wow, I take a few hours away from the board and gloom has apparently turned to doom.

Told myself I wouldn't commit to pessimism until after wed. night euro so I'll stick to that thanks.

I will say that the prospect of only seeing a T - 2" of snow through mid December was not what i had in mind when there was talk of winter getting off to a strong start in the NE and then "relaxing" for a while.

:whistle:

Yeah this hasn't worked out how anyone envisoned..even the mets thought we'd be getting snow events . All we're looking at are more upslope events down the rd.

I wouldn't say that right now. There are way too many things that could happen with that block in place. While it's possible, I'll be amazed if a good chunk of sne doesn't see a decent wintry event by Chritsmas. I don't me a KU, but something plowable at least....several inches or something. Maybe it comes to weeks from now..I don't know. It's not a horrific pattern, we just haven't been able to capitalize on it yet, but I wouldn't rule out another cutter either.

Deja Vu all over again.

at this point I'm rooting for a torch this weekend...we ain't gonna get any winter weather...might as well be able to do something with the kids out of the house without freezing our butts off.

at least this winter has gotten off to a better start than 2006-07 in this part of SNE. I don't think I saw a flake until mid-January that year...have already seen two 1/2" events this year.

at this point I'm rooting for a torch this weekend...we ain't gonna get any winter weather...might as well be able to do something with the kids out of the house without freezing our butts off.

at least this winter has gotten off to a better start than 2006-07 in this part of SNE. I don't think I saw a flake until mid-January that year...have already seen two 1/2" events this year.

Nah. I at least want ice on the ponds so I can do something wintery. Hope the cold rushes back in after the storm as was suggested by some models yesterday.

Deja Vu all over again.

And we might not capitalize, we just don't know. Usually, snow events sort of fall into place within 7 days or so. The fact that the ensemble mean has low pressure hanging east of sne, means that there are members that probably have a miller b look to them. So yeah, the chances are there, but we'll never know for real until within 7 days or so. All you can do is hope and wait.

And we might not capitalize, we just don't know. Usually, snow events sort of fall into place within 7 days or so. The fact that the ensemble mean has low pressure hanging east of sne, means that there are members that probably have a miller b look to them. So yeah, the chances are there, but we'll never know for real until within 7 days or so. All you can do is hope and wait.

I'm actually no where near as frustrated as I felt at time last year. For one it's early but this pattern seems to show so much volatility that I'm hoping we do get some surprises like a low popping along a coastal front or an overproducing swfe.

:snowman:

I'm actually no where near as frustrated as I felt at time last year. For one it's early but this pattern seems to show so much volatility that I'm hoping we do get some surprises like a low popping along a coastal front or an overproducing swfe.

:snowman:

The GOA low weakens towards the end of the run, so maybe we can get some split flow actions with s/w's rolling down from Manitoba.

Archived