• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Its cold enough when do we snow?

Ginx snewx

Looking at the 06z gfs ensembles.. the slower ones are the ones that end up colder and SE so I think that gives credence to the above idea.

Also the 00z Euro ens mean is 6-12 hours slower than the 12z Euro ens mean and it is way east.

There's been a trend to slightly further west blocking along with a bit more semblance of a 50/50 low. If that trend continues along with the PV and the shortwave staying separate longer...things get significantly better.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at this point the 0Z runs should be taken under advisement. It's now 13Z and we'll have new guidance. The clipper guidance should be better today and as such the next system too. Either way, we're in a cold and stormy pattern so something in the next 10 days is going to give us love I believe.

I think at this point the 0Z runs should be taken under advisement. It's now 13Z and we'll have new guidance. The clipper guidance should be better today and as such the next system too. Either way, we're in a cold and stormy pattern so something in the next 10 days is going to give us love I believe.

It's nice to hear you speaking within the next 10 days, Jerry, and not "in ten days".

FYI--ice held pretty well underfoot.

23.6/13

As would I. I have to keep reminding myself how far out it still is.

And that is the thing that keeps me and everyone else on here at least optimistic in these threads, It is still a long ways out, And the clipper on Friday is as well, We are going to have to see some positive movement on the models in the next couple of days to try to salvage the 1st part of December, These threats that keep looking epic in the 10 day time frame need to start being realistic in the 3 day time frames........ :weight_lift:

What significance is this (from this morning's BOX AFD):

FORECAST HIGHS ARE CLOSER TO COLDER NAM MOS WHICH HAS BEEN MUCH

BETTER PAST COUPLE OF DAYS. GFS MOS HAS BEEN RUNNING AS MUCH AS 5

TO 8 DEGREES TOO WARM AND THAT TREND SEEMS TO CONTINUE WITH 00Z

GUIDANCE.

Is this pretty much just understood?

It's just yet another garbage GFS product. the met community would be better off if tthe whole GFS package was pulled off the shelves forever.

i'm trying to wonder why the normally calm ray was furiously saying that the sun/ mon storm was gonna go west . even putting betsup last nite. seems to fly in the face of the Euro's lock down mode being the 4.5 day range (which with today's run we will still be outside of) .

The same people that call out kev for being optomistic.......do the exact same thing to the pessimistic side in order to keep the "bar set low ...so they can suprise to the upside" this maneuver is the single biggest weakness when trying to be "objective" and emotionless which you would need to be in order to forecast to one's full potential. Not that i can forecast LOL. I see how this worked in november and this strategy was ok because climo backed it up. but as we get to dec 12....(anniv. of a storm that buried ray under 18") i think the "bar set low to suprise to the upside" is good for emotions but not for BEST accuracy as get into Mid december with -NAO.

In short i think we have another 3 euro runs to shift this storm more favorably. (poss 4) and if not then talk with confidence. Bottom line when HPC has low confidence ....how can you have high confidence unless it is to placate your emotions

Archived