• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many tree down reports in CT in Box or Upton storm reports, odd?

I noticed that as well...seems to be a void of reports from SE CT. I wasn't in the area, but I know some friends who had trees blocking their road in Essex...and there were quite a few outages down that way. Are there really no dedicated spotters/observers in that part of the state?

I noticed that as well...seems to be a void of reports from SE CT. I wasn't in the area, but I know some friends who had trees blocking their road in Essex...and there were quite a few outages down that way. Are there really no dedicated spotters/observers in that part of the state?

I'm a spotter & there was no severe criteria or damage in my town. When the gust front rolled through I thought I'd be calling Upton, but no dice.

20,000 were w/o power for a while in W. Ma. That's pretty significant. We were out for about 4 hours but some areas are still down.

I read on Boston.com last night 38,000 at one point throughout the state.

meh...

Neat storm... The edge of it when it was rolling over my house (posted a short video yesterday) was very interesting. Great thunder on the backside. Very louder, deeper than the leading edge. Wonder why that happens.

Storm came through here mid afternoon. .43" of rain and winds gusting into the 30's. Lost power during the storm and Im on generator now. Nice average thunderstorm, nothing severe.

Grabbed my camera as the squall line was moving over Newfound Lake here in Central NH.

Gene, that is a fantastic pic!

Very surprised at the lack of reports, lots of lightning strike reports.

Yeah it was the darkest I've ever seen it pre-thunderstorm

Agreed. Your boss had a good explanation for that. I'd say that was probably the worse thunderstorm I've seen, at least that I can remember. Branch came down and hit my parked car. :lol: Also, lightning struck the house and blew out our splitter in the basement for internet, cable and phone.

Archived