• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Mitch. Cool to witness a bolt that close. It's happened to me only a few times. Each one has been very memorable. You didn't happen to run braided copper cable up that tree to 'encourage' its demise?lol I got lots of reports of heavy tree damage in Lee and Stockbridge last night. I didn't go down there today so can't verify how bad it was. How did you fare? Just lots of heavy rain and vivd lightning here.

Today's event was just heavy rain and lots of big CG lightning, including the one that hit the tree. We had good dime to penny sized hail around 12:30AM last night with vivid lightning and 30-35 MPH type winds. Prior to that we had 50 MPH winds with the first line around 8 PM last night. This produced a lot of tree and limb type damage on the south side of Lenox, as well as in Lee and Stockbridge. Some on the south side of Lenox are still without power tonight. Fortunately, it wasn't quite so bad here on the north side of town (save for our poor locust tree).

Wow, did not remember that, cool info. CLP down to 111K, had to stay at work until storm was over. No fun driving all the way back so I stayed, posted pics of the gust front. Excellent storm. No power issues at work which is a great thing.

UI had 15,000 too

Today's event was just heavy rain and lots of big CG lightning, including the one that hit the tree. We had good dime to penny sized hail around 12:30AM last night with vivid lightning and 30-35 MPH type winds. Prior to that we had 50 MPH winds with the first line around 8 PM last night. This produced a lot of tree and limb type damage on the south side of Lenox, as well as in Lee and Stockbridge. Some on the south side of Lenox are still without power tonight. Fortunately, it wasn't quite so bad here on the north side of town (save for our poor locust tree).

That was impressive damage, seen two of the best photos today, you and Gene , just fantastic.

Watched you on the 4-6 time, great job you guys did, helped me a lot, sent some peeps home in SeCT early due to your timing maps, others stayed back as to not drive into the Old Saybrook stuff,good work man.

Everyone seemed to get something from this one in CT. Seemed to peak as it moved through CT. Noticing the Day is reporting some downed trees and road closures in Ledyard and Groton City.

Everyone seemed to get something from this one in CT. Seemed to peak as it moved through CT. Noticing the Day is reporting some downed trees and road closures in Ledyard and Groton City.

Top gust on my Davis in Ledyard was 40, top of tower was 51. Didn't see anything, must have been near Gales Ferry south of me, nice gust front.

Top gust on my Davis in Ledyard was 40, top of tower was 51. Didn't see anything, must have been near Gales Ferry south of me, nice gust front.

Actually Shewville is within 1/2 mile of work,.

Ledyard - Police are at the scene of Shewville Road near Whitford Road for a report of a tree down. Shewville Road is closed in both directions as police and firefighters assess the situation.

Two roads in Groton City are also closed after tree limbs fell into wires, city police said. Shennecossett Road, near Thomas Road is closed in both directions. Thames Street, near Latham Street, is also closed.

Actually Shewville is within 1/2 mile of work,.

Ledyard - Police are at the scene of Shewville Road near Whitford Road for a report of a tree down. Shewville Road is closed in both directions as police and firefighters assess the situation.

Two roads in Groton City are also closed after tree limbs fell into wires, city police said. Shennecossett Road, near Thomas Road is closed in both directions. Thames Street, near Latham Street, is also closed.

Any pole issues on Shewville usually means outage for me, but thankfully not tonight.

I like your correlation to 1991. :}

And ditto on the great job tonight Ryan. 3D FTW!

Just got power back on an hour ago. On my drive home from one town over I saw two small areas of significant damage. Very isolated, but bad enough to take a few trees and branches down, also snapping a few half way up the tree, no pics sorry. Microburst maybe...i dunno

There was a distinct hook echo on rad for a few scans from Upton in the general area at that time, so I can vouch for you on what you saw. I'm sure the damage is worse than what you witnessed.....

Archived