• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

OMFG!!!! What an awesome chase!

Went to Six Flags...INCREDIBLE shelf cloud and gust front...best I've ever seen. Winds associated with the gust front were about 45-50 mph...got PELTED, I mean PELTED in the face with sand...my entire body too...I had sand all in my eyes...got it all on video. AMAZING lightning. Saw some damage too...also road flooding...HOLY CRAP. South Main St in Windsor...or it might have been main St...just good deal of water on the roads.

INCREDIBLE DAY!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMFG!!!! What an awesome chase!

Went to Six Flags...INCREDIBLE shelf cloud and gust front...best I've ever seen. Winds associated with the gust front were about 45-50 mph...got PELTED, I mean PELTED in the face with sand...my entire body too...I had sand all in my eyes...got it all on video. AMAZING lightning. Saw some damage too...also road flooding...HOLY CRAP. South Main St in Windsor...or it might have been main St...just good deal of water on the roads.

INCREDIBLE DAY!!!

No scorebook today?

my dad was hit by lightning...HES OK...but he was hit. Scary. going to get it checked out. fingers burned, elbow sore

as for severe, you could find a hooker in Hartford who could blow harder than that.

:lmao:

Seriously.....other than a couple nice close cg's this thing was meh.....

Hope your dad is ok.....scary

I had the opportunity to witness a CG lightning strike from no more than 50 feet away as that line of storms slammed through here earlier. I could actually feel the heat and shock-wave from the bolt and smell the ozone as I was sitting on the front porch watching the storm when it hit. It struck this large black locust tree on our property and split it in half. The tree is literally hanging by a thread and any decent wind gust will be enough to topple the rest of it over. Hopefully, conditions will remain fairly calm until it can be taken out ASAP. I'm actually kind of glad as this tree is more of a messy nuisance anyway. Now there's an excuse to have it removed and hopefully have the insurance cover most of it. Save for the CG lightning everywhere, it was a pretty run of the mill FROPA t-storm with heavy rain and some wind at the onset. Here are some photos from the tree that was hit:

img2470a.jpg

img2467dy.jpg

img2473rv.jpg

Archived