• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Next shot at Severe storms: next Thu/Fri?

free_man

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing severe here in Ayer dispite the warnings... Wind est 45mph max gusts on 3 different occasions... Lulled, then light rain and decaying thunderclaps... Rads not updating conveniently, too - that adds to bs of the thing.

f this... i'm ready to exit this schit and head on into a stellar weather day tomorrow!

Nothing severe here in Ayer dispite the warnings... Wind est 45mph max gusts on 3 different occasions... Lulled, then light rain and decaying thunderclaps... Rads not updating conveniently, too - that adds to bs of the thing.

f this... i'm ready to exit this schit and head on into a stellar weather day tomorrow!

:weenie:

Well, that was rather lackluster compared to last night. Lost power briefly. Good wind for a short time. Another good dose of rain. All's clear, time to golf.

Yeah, I had a feeling that after last night's action (continous lightning, hail) that we weren't going to see anything amazing today.

EDIT: Whoa, a pine tree was cut in half in my front yard...damn, that thing has been there 30+ years...

Storm is bowing slightly just nw of BOS. Notice how the echoes are closer to the outflow boundary now, then they were about an hour ago. Usually if we have a strong reflectivity gradient at the edge of the outflow...IOW, the heavy rain is immediately following the gustfront, that's when you have the strongest winds.

Ah, found a radar working... NWS' remarkable penchants for failing radar and/or model dissemination at quintessentially inopportune times is nothing short of stunning.... What an achievement!

anyway, the squall pulled a gap on us here in NW Middlesex - pretty much to only break in the continuous line of high dbz to materialized took place at my location. It's for the better seeing as I have power.

Convection is like the electron experiments, where quantum physicist encountered a remarkable observation; if the close you get to identifying the exact quantum state of the electron in question, it literally, disappears. It is as though it is aware you are watching. Convection does the same thing - I'm convinced.

Hot dogs and weiners aside, ... the best bet for this for me is to get into the awesome weather tomorrow and get this by the board. Maybe we can salvage a nice Saturday before the rest of weekend is stolen...

Ah, found a radar working... NWS' remarkable penchants for failing radar and/or model dissemination at quintessentially inopportune times is nothing short of stunning.... What an achievement!

anyway, the squall pulled a gap on us here in NW Middlesex - pretty much to only break in the continuous line of high dbz to materialized took place at my location. It's for the better seeing as I have power.

Convection is like the electron experiments, where quantum physicist encountered a remarkable observation; if the close you get to identifying the exact quantum state of the electron in question, it literally, disappears. It is as though it is aware you are watching. Convection does the same thing - I'm convinced.

Hot dogs and weiners aside, ... the best bet for this for me is to get into the awesome weather tomorrow and get this by the board. Maybe we can salvage a nice Saturday before the rest of weekend is stolen...

:lol:

First time poster here. Trying to get this through before any potential power outages.

Reporting from northern Hebron/Bolton Line. A line of DARK clouds just rolled through roughly 16 minutes ago bringing with it a constant wind average of 14mph from the South. Started at 86/73 just before the storm and currently sitting at 69.7/65. Temperatures dropped 15+ degrees within minutes.

Thunder and lightning strikes are still present within the vicinity. The leading edge of the storm brought with it rain rates of 3.22in/hr only for a short duration. Winds have calmed down to 3mph SSE....just experienced a quick power outage...son of a...

First time poster here. Trying to get this through before any potential power outages.

Reporting from northern Hebron/Bolton Line. A line of DARK clouds just rolled through roughly 16 minutes ago bringing with it a constant wind average of 14mph from the South. Started at 86/73 just before the storm and currently sitting at 69.7/65. Temperatures dropped 15+ degrees within minutes.

Thunder and lightning strikes are still present within the vicinity. The leading edge of the storm brought with it rain rates of 3.22in/hr only for a short duration. Winds have calmed down to 3mph SSE....just experienced a quick power outage...son of a...

Nice newby report. Thanks, and welcome!

Yeah, I had a feeling that after last night's action (continous lightning, hail) that we weren't going to see anything amazing today.

EDIT: Whoa, a pine tree was cut in half in my front yard...damn, that thing has been there 30+ years...

You should leave that discusson for another forum. :)

Just wiz making reports with his hand saw

LMAO

Welcome!

64.6/63

Archived