• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 28 potential ice discussion

ORH_wxman

Did you see the HPC prelim maps? Looked like a cold high trying to build in from Ontario with a low on the jersey shore. They like Euro Ensembles from 0Z

They usually do, particularly when CISCO is at the helm, who has on few occasions championed the ESENs means. Hey, if it works, it works it works. It seems like judging just by last Friday and now today's almost carbon copy result, it may be unwise to go against colder

The 12z ECM somehow transitions that into a snow storm interestingly enough -

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, 49 back in my hometown of Randolph and 37 @KBOS. About as tight a gradient as I've seen between those two places.

Any snowpack reports from Randolph/Canton/Braintree/Milton area? Before I call the folks later, they have an extreme low bias so Id rather hear it here, lol.

Jesus, 49 back in my hometown of Randolph and 37 @KBOS. About as tight a gradient as I've seen between those two places.

Any snowpack reports from Randolph/Canton/Braintree/Milton area? Before I call the folks later, they have an extreme low bias so Id rather hear it here, lol.

"Hi Mom, how goes it - ".

"Not bad, nice to hear your voice."

"Hey, I have a question; do you have a rough idea how much snow remains on the ground"

"Ah, I'm not sure - let me ask your father. Looks to me like... Hey honey, have you been outside - garbled distant chatter - How much snow would say is still on the ground - more garbled distant chatter - He seems to think around an inch or so"

:arrowhead::huh:

lol, A couple days ago when I talked to my mom when I was away she told me it was good news that she saw grass for the first time in a couple months. I told her that wasn't good news and she was confused. I guess she doesn't understand snowpack>bare ground.

:lmao: :lmao:

"Hi Mom, how goes it - ".

"Not bad, nice to hear your voice."

"Hey, I have a question; do you have a rough idea how much snow remains on the ground"

"Ah, I'm not sure - let me ask your father. Looks to me like... Hey honey, have you been outside - garbled distant chatter - How much snow would say is still on the ground - more garbled distant chatter - He seems to think around an inch or so"

:arrowhead::huh:

Garbled weenies-Into your garbled hiny.

They usually do, particularly when CISCO is at the helm, who has on few occasions championed the ESENs means. Hey, if it works, it works it works. It seems like judging just by last Friday and now today's almost carbon copy result, it may be unwise to go against colder

The 12z ECM somehow transitions that into a snow storm interestingly enough -

But what do the teleconnections seem to say here? What is holding in the high to our nnw? With a strong gradient like this, it has to lean one way or another.

But what do the teleconnections seem to say here? What is holding in the high to our nnw? With a strong gradient like this, it has to lean one way or another.

There is a -EPO type ridge over interior eastern Alaska and the NW Territories of Canada around Ds 5-9, and that assists the generation of intense polar sfc ridging during said time, downstream southern Canada.

Will it happen? Time will tell.

Very interested to see if we held onto ice back at home.

Here at work in Leominster it flipped to reg. rain and seemed to clear things off a bit.

Looked like 1/8" accretion when I was able to look around 10:45AM

It's holding on the trees but starting to fall from the wires. Jaffery hit 32.

Not much ice here in Hubbardston. Maybe 0.1"

Some water in the basement though

On Rte 2 it looked like Princeton and Westminster had more ice

Trees bent over like Ray waiting for a KU

LOL, Will is taking some ice pics around the area. He said it was very elevation dependent in spots near ORH, but Sterling airport to the ne had ice.

had a light glaze here...but so much for the heavy rain and torch in the high forties to fifties lol...its 33 degrees lol

while the pattern is not epic like a month ago, we still picked up a fair amount of snow albeit small events...and the giant cutter torch rain events have all been cold rain to even frz rain with temps friday and today struggling to break freezing!!!

winter still trying to hang on seems like to me....

Well not great but I certainly avoided the torch here. It's 40.3 with ice still on parts of the driveway. Pea soup fog..

We torched for about 10 minutes at home..lol, then front sagged south. 38.5F, but look to my south...it was in the 50s about 5 miles to my south...now it is slowly cooling off there.

Archived