12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 28 potential ice discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can now seperate the "haves from have nots".....MA folks should take a look at their stations....if you are now ticking down, you're locked and loaded on the poleward side of the boudary as the gradient tightens.

I peaked @ 33.2 and am now down to 32.7.....slightly elevated wx bug peaked @ 36* and is now down to 34.5*

I think we can now seperate the "haves from have nots".....MA folks should take a look at their stations....if you are now ticking down, you're locked and loaded on the poleward side of the boudary as the gradient tightens.

I peaked @ 33.2 and am now down to 32.7.....slightly elevated wx bug peaked @ 36* and is now down to 34.5*

tough to tell who's tickin up just by looking.....not sure if your 2m comp w/ 1m height out makes a difference today ...but all sites from N andover down west to tewksbury South to N wilmington are 34 or a smidge higher (thou they do note a tick down in last 1/2 hour) and the other boutwell and S wilmington are 36/35 but south of you

tough to tell who's tickin up just by looking.....not sure if your 2m comp w/ 1m height out makes a difference today ...but all sites from N andover down west to tewksbury South to N wilmington are 34 or a smidge higher (thou they do note a tick down in last 1/2 hour) and the other boutwell and S wilmington are 36/35 but south of you

It does.....that is why my station is a little colder than most of the ambient stations.....it's only 1M above the surface.

38.3 now and foggy, so the base of the inversion must be close. Had about 1/10 to 1/8 of an inch of ice accretion before melting. The upcoming freeze should really solidify the snowpack around here. Have about 25-26 inches at the deck, but ambient depth is probably more like 20-22 inches, although this is very dependent on where you measure it.

A little OT for this thread, but the Euro is showing something to watch around D8 as a second wave tries to develop on the front and move northward. GFS hints at this too, but it is more OTS than the Euro

38.3 now and foggy, so the base of the inversion must be close. Had about 1/10 to 1/8 of an inch of ice accretion before melting. The upcoming freeze should really solidify the snowpack around here. Have about 25-26 inches at the deck, but ambient depth is probably more like 20-22 inches, although this is very dependent on where you measure it.

A little OT for this thread, but the Euro is showing something to watch around D8 as a second wave tries to develop on the front and move northward. GFS hints at this too, but it is more OTS than the Euro

We have similar depths.

Archived