Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 28 potential ice discussion

ORH_wxman

Becasue everything I need to burn is under 3' of snow. lol

Well, Obviously you don't burn now, but certainly at some point in late April even with snow on the pile, you'll be able to set it ablaze. All that hardwood slash will vaporize the snow in minutes. It might slow the flames at first but will do little to dowse the flames. I do it every Spring.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for a month that so many declared Winter over it looks like nearly all of SNE carded over 20+", just shy of 36" here. We're ending the month under a WWA with more cold air poised to rush in. I'm sure the warminista antagonists will be blowing their horns again prematurely as they are so prone to do. In the meantime March will, in the end, provide more snowy times for SNE. Get out and enjoy more Winter people. (Just wait until the heavy icing subsides.lol)

Well, for a month that so many declared Winter over it looks like nearly all of SNE carded over 20+", just shy of 36" here. We're ending the month under a WWA with more cold air poised to rush in. I'm sure the warminista antagonists will be blowing their horns again prematurely as they are so prone to do. In the meantime March will, in the end, provide more snowy times for SNE. Get out and enjoy more Winter people. (Just wait until the heavy icing subsides.lol)

icing? are you high? It's all sn/ip here. Maybe you are too far south to enjoy any frozen precip way far south down there in Massachusetts.

Well, Obviously you don't burn now, but certainly at some point in late April even with snow on the pile, you'll be able to set it ablaze. All that hardwood slash will vaporize the snow in minutes. It might slow the flames at first but will do little to dowse the flames. I do it every Spring.

Yours is in a pile--mine's not.

25.8/24, heavy zr.

icing? are you high? It's all sn/ip here. Maybe you are too far south to enjoy any frozen precip way far south down there in Massachusetts.

Decent icing here in Leominster, MA at 400' or so ASL.

Parking lot/sidewalks/secondary roads are iced over

Rte 2 was ok because they were treating heavily

Still waiting to here from the wife how Hubbardston and Gardner were.

This one is working, though you have to scroll over to the east coast. I have some wonky links on my work PC. lol

All you do is once you get to the location you want hit permalink and it gives you the url up top.

This is centered on new england.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/gmap.php?zoom=8&extents=40.555548,-74.108276,43.413029,-69.54895&density=1

That must be why I have almost 4' more snow than you this season. You'll get the mud and bare ground you want so badly while winter continues here. You really have morphed into a obnoxious troll.

That must be why I have almost 4' more snow than you this season. You'll get the mud and bare ground you want so badly while winter continues here. You really have morphed into a obnoxious troll.

Mine is bigger than yours. haha.

I'm not defending BIrving but Pete you do the same thing to the coastal plain and everywhere else in SNE on about a daily basis, lol.

Didn't realize the WWA had been extended up here. But, temp continues to climb. 28.0/26

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-

CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-

WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-

CHESHIRE NH-EASTERN HILLSBOROUGH NH-

WESTERN AND CENTRAL HILLSBOROUGH NH-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLEMONT...GREENFIELD...ORANGE...

BARRE...FITCHBURG...FRAMINGHAM...LOWELL...LAWRENCE...GLOUCESTER...

CHESTERFIELD...AMHERST...NORTHAMPTON...AYER...JAFFREY...KEENE...

MANCHESTER...NASHUA...PETERBOROUGH...WEARE

905 AM EST MON FEB 28 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS

AFTERNOON...

THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS

AFTERNOON.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHERN MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE.

* HAZARD TYPES...FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO A QUARTER OF AN INCH OF ICE WITH LOCALIZED

AMOUNTS APPROACHING A THIRD OF AN INCH.

* TIMING...FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET WILL CHANGE TO PLAIN RAIN BY

BETWEEN 1 PM AND 4 PM.

* IMPACTS...UNTREATED ROADS AND SIDEWALKS WILL BE SLIPPERY INTO

MID AFTERNOON.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS

Archived