Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 28 potential ice discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is bigger than yours. haha.

I'm not defending BIrving but Pete you do the same thing to the coastal plain and everywhere else in SNE on about a daily basis, lol.

LOL, I do? No way. I just report on my backyard. I can't help if I get a lot more snow. BIrving makes ridiculous statements like "Winter is over." on feb 2nd. Or the fact that he wishes for crippling icestorms for ORH. It's like wishing for a tornado to hit Kansas. Just dumb.

28/27, zr, things have gotten extremely icy here. The hide on the snowpack should prevent any appreciable damage to the snowpack before the cold rushes in later.

Stay safe Pete! Hopefully precip ends sooner than later, ice sucks! Tstorms down here in the tropics, pretty crazy.

28/27, zr, things have gotten extremely icy here. The hide on the snowpack should prevent any appreciable damage to the snowpack before the cold rushes in later.

Pete, come on now! You're such an ice troll....

You and I both know that forky said no problem with ice accretion cept for northern halfs of nh vt and me. Quit lyin!!!

30 at ORH now.I would think many areas will be near 32 in a couple of hours, south of the NH border.

Everyone should be above freezing by lunch time in the BOX CWA...except maybe just some pockets holding onto 32F or just slightly below, but the temp rise as been very steady as expected. We have a nice glaze on everything here in N Chelmsford. I suspect I'll be able to make the drive back SW in a couple hours with not too much issue. Roads are probably getting better.

Stay safe Pete! Hopefully precip ends sooner than later, ice sucks! Tstorms down here in the tropics, pretty crazy.

No worries, just hope the power doesn't go out. Delayed the launch to NNE a bit but am just about to head out. Certainly has been a wild Winter even the mild spells are interesting.

Pete, come on now! You're such an ice troll....

You and I both know that forky said no problem with ice accretion cept for northern halfs of nh vt and me. Quit lyin!!!

LOL, glad you called him out. I'd like to think he's actually a good Met that just likes to troll but he has often displayed a seemingly poor understanding of NE climo. The ice right now is at the point of beautiful but about to be problematic.

Everyone should be above freezing by lunch time in the BOX CWA...except maybe just some pockets holding onto 32F or just slightly below, but the temp rise as been very steady as expected. We have a nice glaze on everything here in N Chelmsford. I suspect I'll be able to make the drive back SW in a couple hours with not too much issue. Roads are probably getting better.

Same here, although we are at 32 now. Transitioning to a Ray type rain at 32.0000001.

28/27, looks like the precip will cut off fairly quickly as the upstream returns are rapidly diminishing. Thankfully the bulk of what falls here looks to have been of the frozen variety. A brief temp spike this afternoon and then back to cold. Have fun guys, off to adventure.

Total roof slide has just buried my generator under 2' of snow (right outside my office window. Fun to see, sucks to shovel). :thumbsdown:

29.1/27

Hopefully you won't be needing it today.

At this point I'm fine with us bumping above freezing. Snow pack isn't taking much of a hit at this point and I'd rather no have much more ice build up.

Archived