Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

Bobby's gone, Chipper is broken down.

The dream is over Bravos. :gun_bandana:

I think Chipper has one more year in him. Besides, we still have Jason Heyward, Dan Uggla, Brian McCann, Martin Prado, Freddie Freeman, Jair Jurrjens, Tommy Hanson, and quite a few minor league players about ready to come up. The dream is still very much alive.:)

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Cascades are trying to give the Sierras a run for thier money!

Edit: well I see they have really lowered the snow totals but, I could live with this.

Ya so I'm really really bored with our weather & I notice a winter storm watch for the WA Cascades. I start snooping around & come to Rainier. :lmao: I bet I could cure my snow jonesing real quick up there! Check out the totals from Fri. night thru Mon. night.

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

Shoot, this is actually a comment in here about weather, I was betting the whole thing would continue to be about baseball, I guess I lose!

I think Chipper has one more year in him. Besides, we still have Jason Heyward, Dan Uggla, Brian McCann, Martin Prado, Freddie Freeman, Jair Jurrjens, Tommy Hanson, and quite a few minor league players about ready to come up. The dream is still very much alive.:)

I agree and look out for Julio Teheran. He is an up and coming RHP and from what I've heard his stuff is amazing. The Braves might not when the division this year but they're setting themselves up nicely w/ the young talent they have.

Man this place emptied fast.

Snowgooses on vacation looks like.

:lol: It always does....but there will always be the few of us that stay all year long :hug:

On my way to monster jam at the georgia dome with my 9 year old boy.

Have a great time! My kids love it and we go every year...but I wish it was held outside instead of at the arena. :)

:lol: It always does....but there will always be the few of us that stay all year long :hug:

I don't know why, but I'll be here this Summer as well. After the last several Summers..hopefully this one will be vastly different. I'm ready to experience thunderstorms and MCS complexes again. Its been too long. Even regular airmass summertime thunderstorms will be a huge departure from the norm.

I don't know why, but I'll be here this Summer as well. After the last several Summers..hopefully this one will be vastly different. I'm ready to experience thunderstorms and MCS complexes again. Its been too long. Even regular airmass summertime thunderstorms will be a huge departure from the norm.

:lol: :lol: Because misery loves company :unsure::huh::wub:

I agree and look out for Julio Teheran. He is an up and coming RHP and from what I've heard his stuff is amazing. The Braves might not when the division this year but they're setting themselves up nicely w/ the young talent they have.

Yeah, it's just going to be hard to compete with the Phils barring a major injury to their pitching staff.

Care to peer into your crystal ball and see if the overall long range pattern March through May is going to be good or bad for such activity. This La Nina has been anything but typical, but it seems to me we would want more lake/app cutters to fire the best chances of severe at least here in the east.

I think we should stay in STORM MODE for the entire summer to be better prepared for next winter.

I'm with ya on that one Robert... I'm ready for frequent warm weather events this year. Above average airmass storms, MCS, nocturnal storms, inland tropical systems (with wind).

Looks like the Cascades are trying to give the Sierras a run for thier money!

Edit: well I see they have really lowered the snow totals but, I could live with this.

Ya so I'm really really bored with our weather & I notice a winter storm watch for the WA Cascades. I start snooping around & come to Rainier. :lmao: I bet I could cure my snow jonesing real quick up there! Check out the totals from Fri. night thru Mon. night.

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

Not quite so sure about that check out this forecast for Mount Shasta

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.40771586770284&lon=-122.19886779785156&site=mfr&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Thanks for all the Monster Jam responses. It was fun...and loud. Next up is Supercross (my absolute favorite sport...period) in a little over a week.

You gotta love computer models....

If they show a snow storm 3 days out then chances are good you will get shafted....if they show a dry pattern for the next 7 days then you can take it to the bank and make your outdoor plans.

Thanks for all the Monster Jam responses. It was fun...and loud. Next up is Supercross (my absolute favorite sport...period) in a little over a week.

Yep, my first event is March 12-13th in south Georgia for the SCCA Dixie National Tour, hopefully we'll have good weather. It will be my first event in the new car!

Love the warm weather this week, but I started to wonder, who stole our snow? So I went searching, and found it! Check this out:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0bf_1297721663

Looks like our friends in South Korea are the big winners this week with waist deep snow, collapsing roofs and memories for a generation to come.

I'll take my sunny and 70 thank you. :thumbsup:

The Phils pitching staff is very good but the Braves teams of the 90s and early 2000s showed great pitching doesn't always win. Look at the Phils slump from last year. They had injuries, stopped hitting, and were very beatable for a while.

Lol, yeah, great pitching means you get to take each series to 7 games with more that half the games one run heart stoppers, and in the end lack of hitting means you lose. Thank goodness they had Justice, or it would have been a complete waste of great pitching, unless you like super exciting losing efforts. Which after all those years that I listened to every game when they couldn't win any, wasn't bad...but I was kind of hoping for more :) Even with all those great pitching efforts, it is still Scooter Bream and Justice that are foremost in my mind from those years. T

this is awful - the wx is so boring now (and for at least a week) i am going into active wx withdrawal lol

we need some action - if not snow or ice, then some storms :scooter:

Don't expect much of a change within the next week or perhaps longer. Looks like warmups mixed in with short, quick cool downs. Real problem is with quick moving fronts we don't have time to open up the gulf so the frontal passages are mainly dry. 12Z GFS accum-precip shows less than 0.25in most spots in NC, SC, and GA with a few exceptions.

Archived