Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does GA also use the term "the upstate" like they do in SC? I hear "the upstate" referred to quite a bit but a little confused because sometimes it seems like it might be used for GA as well as SC. Just wondering.

I'll take this one. first question on this board I've been able to answer. And the answer is no. never heard that. interesting question as to why it fits for South carolina and other places, like new york, but would sound completely ridculous if someone said upstate Georgia. Now you've really got me thinking.

I guess I hear it referenced as "NE GA and the Upstate" together......which makes sense because they are close regions. I just was not clear if it meant Upstate SC or if GA also used that term. I haven't been in the SE long enough to know for sure. Thanks for the input.

I guess I hear it referenced as "NE GA and the Upstate" together......which makes sense because they are close regions. I just was not clear if it meant Upstate SC or if GA also used that term. I haven't been in the SE long enough to know for sure. Thanks for the input.

yep, Clayton GA is "Northeast Ga", soon as you cross the state line into SC, you are in "the upstate" of SC. Good question I got to admit this has really got me thinking. Other than New York and South Carolina, I don't know any other areas that use that term. (maybe Maine?). And why just those two? Ga has a coast and then an area that is "up the state", so does NC and most other states along the East coast. Ok, stop over thinking this Tim.

I wish there were more people in this topic so we could get some more viewpoints, but there aren't. There is talk of starting a SE OT thread, so if they ever do, we will have to pose this question there.

Woohoo! I had a feeling we would come back. Any serious show of promise by Carolina this year is like a flizzard: intense but fleeting.

A dookie living in Chapel Hill, go figure. If this game didn't worry the dookies then I don't know what will. We're a young team who is only getting better. dook has peaked. The only way they get better is if Kyrie comes back. The game in Chapel Hill won't be close. You won't have the home cooking by the refs you had this time.

STORM fail, I can't believe this storm got so much attention from y'all. This storm was over a week ago and winter was over after Jan 10 storm.

And you people saying this was a good winter you are smoking crack atleast here in the foothills it was a joke. 6" on christmas with marginal temps and 2" on the 10th. That's it! Weather isn't what it used to be in NC. We can never get moisture with the temps. It's ALWAYS one or the other.

Winter is over folks get your flower beds and gardens ready because spring is knocking on the door

A dookie living in Chapel Hill, go figure. If this game didn't worry the dookies then I don't know what will. We're a young team who is only getting better. dook has peaked. The only way they get better is if Kyrie comes back. The game in Chapel Hill won't be close. You won't have the home cooking by the refs you had this time.

Of course you lose and the refs are biased!

STORM fail, I can't believe this storm got so much attention from y'all. This storm was over a week ago and winter was over after Jan 10 storm.

And you people saying this was a good winter you are smoking crack atleast here in the foothills it was a joke. 6" on christmas with marginal temps and 2" on the 10th. That's it! Weather isn't what it used to be in NC. We can never get moisture with the temps. It's ALWAYS one or the other.

Winter is over folks get your flower beds and gardens ready because spring is knocking on the door

You can't believe it got so much attention? Any threat of snow or severe wx gets a lot of attention from us, because this is a WEATHER FORUM. Feel free to leave, you don't have to read our posts and long discos on a FAIL STORM if you don't want to.

If you don't believe this has been a good winter, especially for a La Nina, then go here: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/events/ Read. Report back. Seasonal totals throughout the last 5 years will tell you that this winter has NOT been bad for the majority of NC.

Still waiting for brickairnelson39wx.com

Archived