e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the NAM officially sucked for this area so just contemplating the possible -NAO that the 18z GooFuS was alluding to later this month. Isn't this a typical trend during Nina years for the NAO to tank late into the winter and into early spring? We have had some nasty, late freezes due to this in the past including snow showers on Good Friday several years ago.

We had snow on Easter in 2007. Sometime in April. We had a hard freeze that month, killed lots of plants.

Why do people keep saying we had a good winter? I don't see it here. A couple of snows back in December, one of them over 6 inches, and nothing in January but cold and miserable weather. How is one good storm a good winter?

Brick sometimes I find it hard to believe you're not just trolling and enjoying every minute of it. You know what we'll say to you, you have said this statement before...it's almost like you have a database of topics and you copy and paste....or WAIT...it's almost like you're a bot pre-programmed with phrases, and the program scans the HTML of the forum posts for key terms and automatically posts a statement. Yes, that's what I'll go with.

In all seriousness though, this winter was a good one especially for a La Nina. The words "La Nina Winter" should just make you stop saying this wasn't that good of a winter...

Oh well, guess I'll get ready for spring and the long hot summer. I was hoping for a second chance this season. I missed out on the best snowfall rates by about 50 miles in the January storm.

Shoot, I'm looking at the 15th. Get some blocking back, bring in the system that disappeared today on the goofy. Sooner or later some big cold is going to find us, and turn the air over the US into a battleground like I though was going to happen this week. Keeps getting put back, lol. It's got to get cold.... They'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into summer :) T

I don't care if it was good for a La Nina winter. It still stunk pretty much overall here. Just a lot of wasted potential.

A lot of cold air probably made you believe there was a lot of potential if there was a drop of precip headed our way. We ran into problems of suppression, nothing we weren't really expecting with massive amounts of dry arctic air funneling in.

It could be worse. 2005-2008 come to mind...Both occured in 2007 that means 05, 06, 08 all SUCKED for Wake Co...Imagine, every time a storm could hit it would drop T-1" of snow, you'd be ready for spring more than you are now.

KRDU:

krdu_cumulative_snowfall_50year-540x405.jpg

These were the best winter storms for Wake County in that time frame:

accum.20070118.gif

accum.20070201.gif

BTW: 333 is my lucky # and it's my current posts. Not posting again until we can see some mojo.

Brick sometimes I find it hard to believe you're not just trolling and enjoying every minute of it. You know what we'll say to you, you have said this statement before...it's almost like you have a database of topics and you copy and paste....or WAIT...it's almost like you're a bot pre-programmed with phrases, and the program scans the HTML of the forum posts for key terms and automatically posts a statement. Yes, that's what I'll go with.

In all seriousness though, this winter was a good one especially for a La Nina. The words "La Nina Winter" should just make you stop saying this wasn't that good of a winter...

Agree with your post on both points. Brick has gone from wishful weenie to attention seeking troll over the course of this winter. I have a hard time believing he's actually an adult with a job.

This has been a very good winter for the SE especially for a La Nina. I have lived through several La Nina winters in Georgia that had no snow and very, very little potential for anything other than sunshine and warmth.

Yo...check it check it check it...my name is lilj and i'm having a great day like NeGa. What's a Cheeznado anyways? Brick is a weenie you feel me? Jon's girlfriend is hot and this makes me drool over his avatar pic a lot. FoothillsNC is a really good met. Don't believe me? Wanna place a bet? Lookout is bringing the pain while going insane. Don't expect Oconeexman to ever receive a ban. QueenCity has been around on this forum a long time but doesn't get paid a dime. Wow loves to save the cow which means he must like Chick-Fil-A...yay. :huh: Burgertime offers a lot of play by play action which sometimes gives us great satisfaction. Phil should have a red tag if he's willing to pay seeing how he didn't see his shadow yesterday. Big Frosty is a snowman so hopefully this area doesn't heat up like we're all in a frying pan. Franklin, NC seems to get a lot of snow but that doesn't keep Weather Czar from going to the bar even though he has trouble getting there in his car. GaWx lives in Savannah and loves to eat bananas:

I disagree. I've gotten nine inches of snow this winter which is the most I have had in at least a decade if not two. :thumbsup:

Given your season totals, of course you folks down in Lesser Carolina are going to disagree. I, however, will probably end the winter at half the total snowfall I saw last season. I'm spoiled I tell you! Spoiled! :)

Don't be thin skinned or we will start calling you bnjmdm or whatever the hell his name was.

Sorry. I don't really keep up with the various characters here on AmWx other than the posters who do a good job of getting you all's goat. It's funny to read.

And, no, it's not about thin skin. You and your joke simply missed the ball is all I'm saying. :)

Sorry. I don't really keep up with the various characters here on AmWx other than the posters who do a good job of getting you all's goat. It's funny to read.

And, no, it's not about thin skin. You and your joke simply missed the ball is all I'm saying. :)

It wasn't my joke I was just trying keep people from jumping on Czar for being a little politically incorrect. To back up our public servants I can say that I went to private school and we had just as many or more dumbasses as public school.So here is to our public school teachers (my wife being one). :drunk:

Im with you though Magpie. Watching people jump on Brick every time he hits copy and paste is fun.

Public School Social Worker here.

But I could care less as long as our children love to learn! Then join a weather broad and b**ch about not getting snow...

bong...

It wasn't my joke I was just trying keep people from jumping on Czar for being a little politically incorrect. To back up our public servants I can say that I went to private school and we had just as many or more dumbasses as public school.So here is to our public school teachers (my wife being one). :drunk:

Im with you though Magpie. Watching people jump on Brick every time he hits copy and paste is fun.

Well it seems I might have stirred up a hornets nest. My post was meant as a joke. I went to public school my self and so do my kids. I'm not saying that people who go to public school are dumb and private school kids are smart. There art many problems with our publice school system and most of those problems come from law makers.

Archived