• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

Well I just cracked the 80 degree mark a few minutes ago. Gotta love strong WAA. Charlotte's record high for today is 80 so they should definitely tie if not break that.

Nice. I'm 79, CLT is now 81 and Fayetteville as well, which passed Columbia's 80. Unreal for February. I knew that when the other shoe dropped, it would in a big way and the second half of this month has been extremely warm. Was just outside looking at the Maples, and literally since this morning some of the buds have swelled to the point their about to burst. I've never seen such a rapid change in trees.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is well ahead of schedule.

I notice some red buds here but that's about it. Jonquils are starting to bloom...its nice out but i had hoped it would have cooled off again by now. At this points if the warmth hangs and everything starts coming out hopefully we wont get any big late freezes. Hope to get some rain, only had about a quarter inch the other day

Things are way ahead of last year. We had nothing out until the second week of march. This is several weeks earlier

I've noticed things have grown rather quickly in my yard as well. Already my bushes are covered with some flowers and a few green leaves popping up. The huge tree in the yard is also covered with red flowers and will most likely be growing leaves sometime in the next week or two. At the rate this is going, I may be cutting grass in early March with all the weeds rapidly accelerating in growth! :arrowhead:

IMG_3814.jpg?t=1298842369

IMG_3815.jpg?t=1298842368

IMG_3816.jpg?t=1298842368

Btw, managed to get to around 79° so far for a high today. Might touch 80 before the day is done.

Just looking at some of my data this month. Amazing turnaround after the first 12 days of February. As of the 12th I was 4 degrees below normal. After today it looks as though I will end the month at least 3 degrees above normal. It takes an impressive warm spell to get a seven degree turnaround in about half a month.

For some of you that still believe we had a crappy winter, this two week warm spell is easily what we could have had most if not all winter long considering the ENSO conditions we were facing at the end of 2010. Be happy with what you received say thank you to the AO, and NAO, and hope for a weak NINO next year.

Archived