• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

It's so easy to get people on another forum all riled up. Seriously if you tell someone that 1-3" on elevated surfaces is not that big of a deal in AL, they flip!

Anyway, the RUC is gorgeous, but I don't believe it for the CAE area. In fact our temps have been going up since 8pm tonight from 36 to 40.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't believe it got so much attention? Any threat of snow or severe wx gets a lot of attention from us, because this is a WEATHER FORUM. Feel free to leave, you don't have to read our posts and long discos on a FAIL STORM if you don't want to.

If you don't believe this has been a good winter, especially for a La Nina, then go here: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/events/ Read. Report back. Seasonal totals throughout the last 5 years will tell you that this winter has NOT been bad for the majority of NC.

Still waiting for brickairnelson39wx.com

Haha it's widrebrickwx.com by airnelson39 and I said up and running by our next flakes in Jan 2012! Hey don't be mad at me bc I said we would get flurries a week ago, if I would have said a foot and we got a foot everyone would be telling me how awesome I was at predicting (guessing) the storm.

Hurray spring!! End this lousy winter 

Haha it's widrebrickwx.com by airnelson39 and I said up and running by our next flakes in Jan 2012! Hey don't be mad at me bc I said we would get flurries a week ago, if I would have said a foot and we got a foot everyone would be telling me how awesome I was at predicting (guessing) the storm.

Hurray spring!! End this lousy winter 

I'm not mad at you, *******FWIW*******. Just let us enjoy our fail, if you will. :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

IMBY, this failure of a storm tonight -- as was expected of course -- puts the nail in the coffin of a rather disappointing winter. I'll close out the season at half of last season's snowfall total. Yes, yes, I know. The eastern CONUS wasn't expecting much coming into this winter, but tell that to the folks in Connecticut or Oklahoma. It's all relative of course and with that fact in mind, this winter gets a C at best. Without Christmas, it would have been a D.

You could expect to have to drive to the Apps to see some good snow, but I could have driven to the Outer Banks as an option on more than one occasion this year. Great for those good folks, but that's mental when you think about it.

Oh, well. Time to think about spring yard work I suppose.

You can't believe it got so much attention? Any threat of snow or severe wx gets a lot of attention from us, because this is a WEATHER FORUM. Feel free to leave, you don't have to read our posts and long discos on a FAIL STORM if you don't want to.

If you don't believe this has been a good winter, especially for a La Nina, then go here: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/events/ Read. Report back. Seasonal totals throughout the last 5 years will tell you that this winter has NOT been bad for the majority of NC.

Still waiting for brickairnelson39wx.com

Interesing link, wish the NWS in Nashville would put something together like that; I concur, this is a weather forum, strangely enough, weather will be discussed, so, if coverage is too much for some people, then they simply should not log on!

STORM fail, I can't believe this storm got so much attention from y'all. This storm was over a week ago and winter was over after Jan 10 storm.

And you people saying this was a good winter you are smoking crack atleast here in the foothills it was a joke. 6" on christmas with marginal temps and 2" on the 10th. That's it! Weather isn't what it used to be in NC. We can never get moisture with the temps. It's ALWAYS one or the other.

Winter is over folks get your flower beds and gardens ready because spring is knocking on the door

That seems to be true for the foothills. I am now at 71 inches for the last 2 winter seasons. Of course, I had gone 11 + years without a snow over 6 inches before this good fortune. So, weather patterns can turn. (for the worse and for the better)

I say winter has at least one more snow. (here anyway)

It sucks not getting snow if you are snow lover, so I feel your pain.

1st ever 3-hour delay policy being executed today here in MacDowell County. That policy was passed at the last B.O.E meeting, nobody around here wants to go on Saturday.

BTW, looking at the obs thread, I just cannot help from laughing at those who call this a "fail" when all they were going to get anyway was a dusting...LMAO!!!

Dude... I live below you in Rutherford county and It was a great winter. Two solid events and more than we had from 02-08. at least in mby.

So stop your bitching and stop calling folks out for thinking this was a good winter. imo

STORM fail, I can't believe this storm got so much attention from y'all. This storm was over a week ago and winter was over after Jan 10 storm.

And you people saying this was a good winter you are smoking crack atleast here in the foothills it was a joke. 6" on christmas with marginal temps and 2" on the 10th. That's it! Weather isn't what it used to be in NC. We can never get moisture with the temps. It's ALWAYS one or the other.

Winter is over folks get your flower beds and gardens ready because spring is knocking on the door

Noobs Dan...

1st ever 3-hour delay policy being executed today here in MacDowell County. That policy was passed at the last B.O.E meeting, nobody around here wants to go on Saturday.

BTW, looking at the obs thread, I just cannot help from laughing at those who call this a "fail" when all they were going to get anyway was a dusting...LMAO!!!

I got just under 1 1/2" last night. I had been thinking we had a good shot at around 2" since Monday. Needed temps to drop another couple degrees and we would have had more. Beautiful snow falling last night! Huge flakes! Looks great outside this morning! I'm now at 6 1/2" for the season with about 1/2" of ice on top of the Jan. 9/10 snow. In 19 years in Georgia my highest total has been 7". That was all in one storm (Jan 2, 2002). Winter was literally one week long that year. Combine this with the fact that there have been no real sustained warm ups since Dec. 1. and I have what I would call a greeat winter even if it is over after this event. I think most GA folks would agree. I am not convinced we stay warm after next week, but either way this has been our best winter here in 20 years!

<br />I got just under 1 1/2" last night. I had been thinking we had a good shot at around 2" since Monday.  Needed temps to drop another couple degrees and we would have had more. Beautiful snow falling last night! Huge flakes! Looks great outside this morning! I'm now at 6 1/2" for the season with about 1/2" of ice on top of the Jan. 9/10 snow. In 19 years in Georgia my highest total has been 7". That was all in one storm (Jan 2, 2002). Winter was literally one week long that year. Combine this with the fact that there have been no real sustained warm ups since Dec. 1. and I have what I would call a greeat winter even if it is over after this event. I think most GA folks would agree. I am not convinced we stay warm after next week, but either way this has been our best winter here in 20 years!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Shhhhh...don't deter them from jumping off their respective cliffs. :D

i thought the same thing. although it is very frustrating to be in dry or rain with snow all around (charlotte had rain again while atl snow? thats odd) the forecast for of n ga was 1-2" or 1-3" and from what i saw in the obs and snowfall thread thats about what happened here. if you expect a dusting and thats what you get its not really a fail. i was thinking a heavy dusting imby so i am completely satisfied with what fell (and it was right in the middle of gsp's range)

i dont know if its 'always' been this way and prior to the internet we just didnt realize all the times we were screwed...but n ga and even ne ga has had two fantastic winters, while the upstate and over towards eyewall has been left out. being a weenie at heart its hard not to feel a bad for all the snow when other se peeps nearby havent been nearly as lucky.

the last two years have seen a whopping 36-40"+/- fall imby - we have had so many events, and so many 6"+ ones that i lost track of some of the smaller ones...that doesnt include any of the relatively minor icing events (ie. all at or less than .25")

People in eastern NC have every right to call it a fail. Greenville was under a Winter Storm Warning for significant snow and come away with less than 1", I believe.

It was just a failure by and large here in North Carolina, though it appeared to be a good storm for others.

We need another March snowfall this year. A significant snowfall in March could wipe away some of the frustrations of the winter. At least I finally saw my first accumulating snowfall of the calendar year here this morning. Hasn't snowed here more than a dusting since December 26th...

Another fail here. January and February sucked. Winter is over. Bring on spring.

Yeah, it's hard so say this winter is a fail when we did have a 7" snow in December but it feels like a failure since we have really only had a few token flakes. Missing out on the mid-January storm was tough one, if we had been hit by that and had 3-4" of snow from that then I think our mentality about this winter would be different. I don't see anything promising on the models for anything wintery, the next 10 days we will be slightly above average temps and dry. So that may leave us with 2 weeks (last week of February, 1st week of March) to make something happen and I don't see. We had 2 chances this winter, 1 in January and 1 in February that was a big fail for RDU. It's been 7 winters since RDU has been above average for snowfall (2004), and next year will be year 8. And no I don't count 8" of snow this winter as being above average when our average is 7.5". I imagine our area is the only area around here (NC, SC, GA, TN, AL, AK, MS, excluding Florida) that hasn't been above average in the past 7 winters.

We were talking about the Braves in the February thread so I thought I would continue it over here...

It'll be interesting to see how the young talent does this year. To be honest, that's going to be what makes or breaks there year. That and McClouth needs to have a better year. I'm real excited to see Uggla this year. He is the pop they needed in there lineup. But the one I'm most excited to see play this year is Freeman at 1st base. He was awesome last year in triple A Gwinett and could see him becoming a much needed bat in our lineup. As a matter of fact he had a better year last year than Heyward final year in Triple A. But when all is said and done it's goind to be tough to top the Phillies and that pitching staff they have.

We were talking about the Braves in the February thread so I thought I would continue it over here...

It'll be interesting to see how the young talent does this year. To be honest, that's going to be what makes or breaks there year. That and McClouth needs to have a better year. I'm real excited to see Uggla this year. He is the pop they needed in there lineup. But the one I'm most excited to see play this year is Freeman at 1st base. He was awesome last year in triple A Gwinett and could see him becoming a much needed bat in our lineup. As a matter of fact he had a better year last year than Heyward final year in Triple A. But when all is said and done it's goind to be tough to top the Phillies and that pitching staff they have.

I'm hoping Chipper can stay healthy and produce at a high level, but I think he's done to be honest. I see him getting injured and missing a lot of the season like he always seems to do.

I'm hoping Chipper can stay healthy and produce at a high level, but I think he's done to be honest. I see him getting injured and missing a lot of the season like he always seems to do.

I would love to see him have a year like the old Chipper then retire...Go out on a good note!

M-E-T-S METS METS METS!

:thumbsdown: ...The Mets didn't do a lot this off season so it'll be interesting to see what kind of year they have.

This. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers he puts up this year. I would kindly take 120 or so games from him this year with ~.270 BA. Besides we got Martin to back him up if he goes down with any injuries.

M-E-T-S METS METS METS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuboEJPdBM&feature=related

Archived