joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mildest day of the winter, actually feels a little warm out. Spent most of the day yesterday doing school work and stuff inside the house, although I was able to spend a couple hours in the afternoon doing stuff outside. Today has been a different story, got up when the wife left for work around 6:30 and have been outside pretty much ever since, except for checking in on the fail-boat Weekend storm. Prepping beds, trimming the Crape Myrtles, burning brush, tending to the clover, and picking up dog poop. You name it, I am on it today, about to fire up the tractor and till the plot for the butterfly and hummingbird garden. :bike:

Born and raised in northwest Chicago metro.. My parents can not stand snow .. Moved here in my teens but have many memories of monster snows. I never grew tired of the snow falling, but after awhile it can get old.. I love winters like the one we have, all my relatives are very jealous when I say I was able to get the kids outside and go for walk etc...

now 34 inches would be interesting..

I think Phil mentioned it in the other thread about the blocking returning in later Feb perhaps....maybe we are seeing a clue of this starting to happen...I cked Larry's Stratospheric warming graph on the CPC page and there appears to be an ever so small glimmer of warming in the stratosphere....maybe there is hope on the horizon yet....this 1st part of Feb doesn't seem to be turning out like I thought it might.

Don't look now but the 0Z gfs has a major snowstorm for much of the SE including some of the deep south 2/11-12 *****fwiw******, which is mere entertainment that far out in time:

6-7" Charlotte, 5-6" CAE, 5" Augusta, 4-5" for N.O. and CHS among other cities, 4" MCN, 2" ATL, 1.5" SAV

I have to admit, it's pretty weird seeing KdJNb.png and knowing that it has nothing to do with the SE....haha. That shows me that this winter hasn't been all that bad for us, anyone who argues that....well....all I can do is :facepalm:

Don't look now but the 0Z gfs has a major snowstorm for much of the SE including some of the deep south 2/11-12 *****fwiw******, which is mere entertainment that far out in time:

6-7" Charlotte, 5-6" CAE, 5" Augusta, 4-5" for N.O. and CHS among other cities, 4" MCN, 2" ATL, 1.5" SAV

and that's snow.....right? Not liquid totals?? haha.:arrowhead: If only....

ICC20.gif

:hug:

V-Day? Yuck. Groundhog Day is much cooler. :thumbsup:

V-Day is my soon to be 9 year old daughters birthday.I'm sure she would love to have a little white stuff on the ground to play with.As of right now all she cares about is going to Monkey Joe's.I remember last Feb. we had snow on the 12th I believe.

Archived