• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

Just found out today that I am going on a trip to Schofield, Wisconsin for a quick plant tour of Greenheck (fans) and to do some ice fishing. Have never been there before, but I expect I will see my fill of snow on the ground and cold temps. Does anyone know anything about Schofield, Wisconsin? Thanks in advance...

Schofield rifle? Wear some cheese on ya head and you'll be fine! And some long johns!

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out today that I am going on a trip to Schofield, Wisconsin for a quick plant tour of Greenheck (fans) and to do some ice fishing. Have never been there before, but I expect I will see my fill of snow on the ground and cold temps. Does anyone know anything about Schofield, Wisconsin? Thanks in advance...

Have fun!! I equate ice fishing to hunt clubs. They can be a blast. Some of these ice fishers have crazy setups, you'll have fun for sure.

I don't know about Schofield, but I see the Greenheck exhuast fans often. I have to quote roof flashings for them.

They are awesome fans!! I put them in on almost all my jobs, when I have the luxury of designing them. Most Engineers design them anyway. I NEVER have problems with them. Made in the USA also. :thumbsup:

Have fun!! I equate ice fishing to hunt clubs. They can be a blast. Some of these ice fishers have crazy setups, you'll have fun for sure.

That is hilarious! I love to hunt and fish, but have never ice fished. If we catch enough, they intend to serve it up for dinner. Should be a blast. Hoping a nice size system rolls through up there and then fly back home to another system rolling in through the SE. :snowman: What a dream scenario that would be!

I can't believe everyone got all excited over the 18z NAM today for wintry weather in parts of the SE. NAM is terrible this winter especially past 48 hours and this is no different. Yeah some other models showed it but there is no parent high to the north to supply the cold air for this. Winter is over folks, sorry. Models will continue to show winter weather in the SE 5-10 days out but it's not going go happen. I would LOVE to be wrong but I feel like wx just isn't the way it used to be

I can't believe everyone got all excited over the 18z NAM today for wintry weather in parts of the SE. NAM is terrible this winter especially past 48 hours and this is no different. Yeah some other models showed it but there is no parent high to the north to supply the cold air for this. Winter is over folks, sorry. Models will continue to show winter weather in the SE 5-10 days out but it's not going go happen. I would LOVE to be wrong but I feel like wx just isn't the way it used to be

You're right about that. I remember the old days like 2010 when it would snow in March in NC.

Of course, I think it's always wise to say winter is over right before the 1st day of February.

Anyone see any Greenland blocking anytime soon? One other thing .Is there A SE ridge going on now ?I pray not but the way this storm is going across the midwest it has that classis look.Also it was very nice this past weekend her with upper 50's sat andit may have gotten above 60 sun .Today it's bee in the upper 30's all day.Iwas listening to our local radio station this morning when he gave the forecast then he said it was 44 outside .I started to call him but then I remembered how our local temperature reading is set in a very warm bias area.

That is hilarious! I love to hunt and fish, but have never ice fished. If we catch enough, they intend to serve it up for dinner. Should be a blast. Hoping a nice size system rolls through up there and then fly back home to another system rolling in through the SE. :snowman: What a dream scenario that would be!

use to ice fish all the time up in NH, awesome experience to sit in the bobhouse, enjoy some adult beverages and shoot the crap with your buddies. Another cool aspect is driving your car/truck out on the ice to the bobhouse, enjoy!

:guitar: So this is what weenies do when the weather models don't verify for snow:

Dude...I am seriously crying right now. That is f-ing hilarious!!! What a friggin asswipe! HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously...the kid has issues. At least he did not punch a hole or two in the wall. HAHAHAHA. The sig below that about Justin Bieber is off the chain as well. Thanks for the laugh!! I really needed that!

Brick v2.0

use to ice fish all the time up in NH, awesome experience to sit in the bobhouse, enjoy some adult beverages and shoot the crap with your buddies. Another cool aspect is driving your car/truck out on the ice to the bobhouse, enjoy!

I had a con call with our Sales Rep today and he said that last year their guide (the same one we have this year) drove down the boat ramp in a 4 X 4 going about 40 mph and sped out on the ice. He said it scared the hell out of him but started things out like they should. He had a mental pic of the front end crashing into the water. HAHAHA. Thats what I need for some stress relief. :thumbsup::snowman::scooter:

For me it wasn't the NAM it was the Canadian and GFS and the fact that GSP (the best NWS site) has it in my forecast. It will change i'm sure but for now have tempered excitement.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of rain after 1am, mixing with snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: A chance of rain and snow before 8am, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday: A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Does anyone from the SE areas have a recollection of the last widespread bust on the models where they turned out colder and smacked us with some wintry weather. I guess I am going through some withdrawal attm. :snowman::lightning:

Don't recall a specific event but there's always a first time...right?

Anyone laying out of work to watch 10hrs of coverage for NSD tomorrow??:guitar:

The NWS or NOAA servers must be getting hit hard as they are not able to keep up with my html request. I keep getting zoned forecast when trying to do the point and click and sometimes that doesnt even come up. Alot of people must be bombarding the site as we speak.

That storm out west is just a beast, HPC just said it was at 999mb...pretty awesome.

Archived