northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard three rumbles of thunder hear each about 1 min apart. SN in 7 days, or something like that. Hard to believe we have a little thunderstorm inbound with temps in the lowers 40's. :thumbsup:

Yeah i have it here now also and its like you said about a minute apart or so. Guess this makes this my first thundershower of 2011 also.

question: How do you know when its time to have your septic cleaned out? Every time it rains hard or I get a multi day rain (obviously not often) my toilet bubbles and gargles, and now it won't flush at all. I've had over 2" of rain the last few days, this hasn't happened since sometime last years' El Nino Winter. I'm actually surprised given how dry it's been this Fall and Winter, but never had it cleaned out since I've been at this house over 7 years, so I'm sure its due. Usually after a few days of drying out its fine, but know at some point it probably has to be done. Reminds me of Christmas Vacation movie.:arrowhead:

Robert, it sounds like you just need to route the water around the tank so it doesn't fill up when it rains. I rented a house for years with a small tank that always filled up like you are talking about. I had the farmer next door bank some dirt up along his property line where rain was running off his field into my yard, then I dug ditches to run the water in my yard away from the tank and out to the street, and didn't have any more problems.

YOu can always dig down to the top and look inside when it is dry to see how high the level is under normal conditions. Save yourself the big bucks with a shovel :) Be sure to rope yourself to something so if you faint from the odure you won't fall in, lol. T

Robert, it sounds like you just need to route the water around the tank so it doesn't fill up when it rains. I rented a house for years with a small tank that always filled up like you are talking about. I had the farmer next door bank some dirt up along his property line where rain was running off his field into my yard, then I dug ditches to run the water in my yard away from the tank and out to the street, and didn't have any more problems.

YOu can always dig down to the top and look inside when it is dry to see how high the level is under normal conditions. Save yourself the big bucks with a shovel :)Be sure to rope yourself to something so if you faint from the odure you won't fall in, lol. T

Please film this for us Robert.

Ok, Dallas is calling for yet ANOTHER snow event on Wednesday, and it seems like once again Atlanta and North GA is right on the line. Why does Dallas get snow so easily but here in GA we are always right on the fence of rain/snow ?

Because you live in the desert southeast :whistle:

I am going to enjoy 33 and rain this next week. If the QPF holds and I get another inch, my two week total will be more than I have had in the past 6 months :weight_lift: Good luck to those that could watch the flakes fly! Don't forget to post pictures :snowman:

Archived