northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. Usually it just seems more active in between model runs.

I think it's still far enough out that most have not jumped completely in. Also if we get w/in 4 days and it's still there, local news will start talking about it, then this place will get a lot more busy.

if nothing else, looks like the cold air is coming. Just how cold its hard to say, but the Euro and GFS both have been showing -14 to -16 in n. Ala, Ga , Tn and western NC for a period. Even a pocket of -20, so that would be the coldest this year I think. I know twice nw NC has been glanced by -16 and both times here the temp only got to 32 for highs under full sun, and with snow pack about the entire trip, maybe we can have a day with temps only in the 20's here...then the Gulf low develops and drops a foot of snow on top of the frozen ground :lol:

. I know twice nw NC has been glanced by -16 and both times here the temp only got to 32 for highs under full sun, and with snow pack about the entire trip, maybe we can have a day with temps only in the 20's here...then the Gulf low develops and drops a foot of snow on top of the frozen ground :lol:

From your lips/keyboard to God's ears.

Lol. Well I am not sure I amm buying it, but there is enough of a chance that something mightnhappen

Well you might should, the latest gfs now has you easily below freezing all night and showing 0.75 to 1 inch liquid. You might end up with quite an icestorm if the gfs verifies, seriously.

Have some folks saying it was great for NC, some saying it sucked. Can't get a right answer.

Learn how to read the maps and check your soundings in bufkit. Then all your problems are solved and you will always have the answer you're looking for. Of course this is just a suggestion...:whistle:

OK, but you have to have something to go on first. If you don't know how to read them, and then you look at one and people are saying different things about it, it's hard to figure out what is right.

Don't read opinions in the thread. Read the maps and soundings first. Then you can see what RDU is getting more precisely. :)

OK, but you have to have something to go on first. If you don't know how to read them, and then you look at one and people are saying different things about it, it's hard to figure out what is right.

You've had plenty of time to learn how to read them but so far you have chosen not to learn and depend on others to tell you what's going to happen. Also bufkt will tell you if it's sn, ip, zr or rain for a particular run. That's all you need to know.

Well you might should, the latest gfs now has you easily below freezing all night and showing 0.75 to 1 inch liquid. You might end up with quite an icestorm if the gfs verifies, seriously.

?? really? i just got in the office (been stuck in court and sporadic at&t service lol) and am trying to see whats going on...guess the gfs is my first stop lol

Archived