• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

Great pics! That is about how old I was from the look of the older kid :) I have always felt Feb. gave me the best chances, and if ever there would be a major two fer a few days apart it would be in Feb. This could be the year...I feel it :)

I feel bad for the Brickster not going to get anything, while I'm so filled with hope for extra helpings. T

Thanks. Not to make you feel old but that's my mother, aunt, and second cousin. My brother lives in the pictured house as well. What amazes me is how young the trees look. I grew up with a mature forest. It's amazing how fast a clear cut area restores itself.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Not to make you feel old but that's my mother, aunt, and second cousin. My brother lives in the pictured house as well. What amazes me is how young the trees look. I grew up with a mature forest. It's amazing how fast a clear cut area restores itself.

Yeah, they clear cut the 60 acres behind me, so I'm hoping for that quick restoration. Don't feel old, just know I have fewer Febs to get it right than you folks, lol...so I'm counting on a new Maunder Minimum and Iceland to get a good vent line going :) I've been looking forward to the last two thirds of February since Christmas.

Thank your mom for digitizing these...it's work. I've got some great Atl. snow pics from the 20's on up I need to scan. T

Oh do I love RAH NWS... :whistle:

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Forecast would be consistent with a frontal passage accompanied by rain, followed by colder (probably dry) weather later in the night.

thats awesome, Cantore is a true weenie.. He did good not to swear...

Jim basically admitted on air tonight that the inner-weenie came out in him when that occured. Then at the last minute, he remembered that he was holding the mic so he avoided the rest of what he was going to say.

Jim basically admitted on air tonight that the inner-weenie came out in him when that occured. Then at the last minute, he remembered that he was holding the mic so he avoided the rest of what he was going to say.

hahaha....still, he's acting like a 5 year old child...it's hilarious. Even when said weenie attempts to subdue himself, said weenie cannot be subdued, and thus explodes with excitement. :snowing:

Love this update by GSP...lol

Tonight: A slight chance of snow and sleet before 10pm, then a chance of sleet between 10pm and 4am, then a chance of snow and sleet after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Snow and sleet likely before 9am, then rain. High near 40. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sort of surprised there isn't more board activity (or people are so spoiled that it itsnt that big a deal lol). Sleet and snow are in the forecast with up to .10 of ice. Granted not a big deal but it's still winter wx :thumbsup:

I have an outside shot at a rain/sleet mix. That isn't really all that promising :).

No one is getting excited here, yet. But we will continue to talk and read models until it arrives. I for one work on the 24 hr rule.

I really really hope you guys arent getting excited about a snowstorm next week. I can tell you right now it won't be nearly as cold as predicted and the track will be nothing like it's predicted. I'll be surprised if there even is a storm, if so it will probably be rain. If the models still show it the day before then I might give it a chance of verifying lol been burned wayyy too many times this winter

Sort of surprised there isn't more board activity (or people are so spoiled that it itsnt that big a deal lol). Sleet and snow are in the forecast with up to .10 of ice. Granted not a big deal but it's still winter wx :thumbsup:

Wait...so you are saying you think there is a chance you get something now? I thought you wasn't buying it? :whistle: lol ;)

Archived