northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February General Banter Thread I

jrips27

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're getting payback here for having snow on Christmas. We haven't had anything good here since then. It's like your favorite team having one awesome game and upsetting the number one team but then sucking the rest of the season.

Honestly, that's a spot-on analogy.

• We beat the #1 ranked team. (Christmas snow)
  • We were expected to go 3-9 for the season. (La Nina)
  • Our losses were by one point each. (Lots of close calls, near-misses, and "moral victories".)
  • We're now 4-7 with one game remaining on the schedule. (We are truly the conference's overachievers.)

So I guess that means we should be overcome with joy! arrowheadsmiley.png

• Our losses were by one point each. (Lots of close calls, near-misses, and "moral victories".)
  • We're now 4-7 with one game remaining on the schedule. (We are truly the conference's overachievers.)

Just because you did better than you expected and won a big game doesn't mean the rest of the season didn't suck. If you only had one big win, the season overall still stunk.

Just because you did better than you expected and won a big game doesn't mean the rest of the season didn't suck. If you only had one big win, the season overall still stunk.

I think what infuriates people with you is that since you've been on here your area has scored many times while folks to your south were screwed over. Yet anytime a storm looks like it might miss you, you start crying and complaining. The point is YOU have NOTHING to really complain about. You got screwed one time this year...guess what? Last year my area got screwed on EVERY storm. Even the storm we won, we got screwed by hours and hours of sleet. The year before that was about the same minus the March storm. Meanwhile your area kept getting hit and hit.

TBH though even arguing about this in the SE is like being in the worlds smallest dick contest and being pissed about not winning.

I think what infuriates people with you is that since you've been on here your area has scored many times while folks to your south were screwed over. Yet anytime a storm looks like it might miss you, you start crying and complaining. The point is YOU have NOTHING to really complain about. You got screwed one time this year...guess what? Last year my area got screwed on EVERY storm. Even the storm we won, we got screwed by hours and hours of sleet. The year before that was about the same minus the March storm. Meanwhile your area kept getting hit and hit.

TBH though even arguing about this in the SE is like being in the worlds smallest dick contest and bragging about being pissed about not winning.

How did we score many times this winter? We had one really good snow on Christmas, and one small snow before that. Just because we actually got a good snow doesn't mean the rest of the winter has not stunk here. And I really don't care what happens anywhere else. If I only have one good snow and then nothing to show for the rest of winter, then to me the winter has stunk. And just because your winter stunk, too, doesn't mean it hasn't stunk OVERALL here.

Oh, and this is about weather. Really not that serious for you to get infuriated with in the first place.

Well, let's win the big game at the end of the season to give us some optimism going into the spring.

How did we score many times this winter? We had one really good snow on Christmas, and one small snow before that. Just because we actually got a good snow doesn't mean the rest of the winter has not stunk here. And I really don't care what happens anywhere else. If I only have one good snow and then nothing to show for the rest of winter, then to me the winter has stunk. And just because your winter stunk, too, doesn't mean it hasn't stunk OVERALL here.

Oh, and this is about weather. Really not that serious for you to get infuriated with in the first place.

I was talking about SINCE you've been on here not just this winter.

As for me being annoyed by you? It's a message board so annoying people are annoying even on a message board. I've accepted you're a troll but it still gets lame sometimes.

For those talking about the complaining I think the people in the triangle have the most justification for doing so after the screw job they got on the January event. I am hoping this just doesn't end up being the February of Fail.

Maybe I've been on the receiving end of it so many times I've become jaded. You get screwed over enough it's no big deal. For the Jan. screw event I say welcome to Charlotte from last year. I think the reason it stung for RDU so much is that they lucked out so many times it was just assumed this was a win.

I find him amusing, if for nothing else but to listen to the one liners coming back at him! I might be wrong, but I see him sitting back in his chair laughing his butt off each time he pisses someone off.

Brick, am I wrong? smile.giftongue.gif

This is exactly right! I've been saying this for a while now. Brick will try to push any buttons he can to piss somebody off. Like you, I see him sitting back laughing his a** off. Like I've said before, this is his game!

This is exactly right! I've been saying this for a while now. Brick will try to push any buttons he can to piss somebody off. Like you, I see him sitting back laughing his a** off. Like I've said before, this is his game!

Yep, if he wasn't having fun, he'd be gone by now! I know if I was on the receiving end I'd be gone! laugh.gif

Mighty Euro is no more accurate than the others here lately

Not true... in fact the ECWMF and UKMET have recently done quite a bit better than the GFS and GGEM. The pattern has been a challenging one (as you can see the correlation scores have dropped off recently, with alot of sub .9 values). However the ECWMF and UKMET are still well above the rest of the pack.

2gui7fp.png

Archived