joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reached 44 in Germantown, but down to 35 already (as of 7:50 pm), and I noticed there is plenty of clear sky overhead.

I have a confession: I blew my back out shoveling after the Feb 5-6 storm last year. I watched the Feb 10 storm through a medicine-induced haze and could barely move, let alone get out in it. :( So I bought myself a nice Toro snowblower...................and of course it didn't snow again after that and we've had "The Dome" over us this winter. I believe that the jinx is ending though and I moved the blower from the basement to the garage ready to go!

38* in Burke, and I'm comfortable on my couch, so I'm not getting up to see if there are any clouds.

All I know is I'm going into work early, then getting the hell out of there sometime a little after noon and working form the rest of the day. I'm not going to deal with the madnes that will inevitably come with the early rush hour tomorrow. Besides, I want to be at home when the ULL starts to thump us.

Reached 44 in Germantown, but down to 35 already (as of 7:50 pm), and I noticed there is plenty of clear sky overhead.

I have a confession: I blew my back out shoveling after the Feb 5-6 storm last year. I watched the Feb 10 storm through a medicine-induced haze and could barely move, let alone get out in it. :( So I bought myself a nice Toro snowblower...................and of course it didn't snow again after that and we've had "The Dome" over us this winter. I believe that the jinx is ending though and I moved the blower from the basement to the garage ready to go!

I don't know why you're complaining. Sounds like a good ol' time to me!

:bike:

Archived