Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC TV snow forecasts-

NBC - 5 to 10 inches for northern half of city of DC north and west. 1 to 5 inches from central D.C. southeast and East.

CBS 4 to 8 inches.

ABC - 4 to 6 for most of Metro area. 6 to 10 for areas like Frederick/Carroll/Hagerstown

FOX 5 - 4 to 8 Northern DC and immediate northern DC suburbs. 3 to 6 southeast of DC. 6 plus Frederick area

DC TV snow forecasts-

NBC 4 - 5 to 10 inches for northern half of city of DC north and west. 1 to 5 inches from central D.C. southeast and East.

CBS 9 4 to 8 inches.

ABC 7 - 4 to 6 for most of Metro area. 6 to 10 for areas like Frederick/Carroll/Hagerstown

sounds okay. The DC forecast I dont get considering what the models were showing yesterday and last night???

DC TV snow forecasts-

NBC 4 - 5 to 10 inches for northern half of city of DC north and west. 1 to 5 inches from central D.C. southeast and East.

CBS 9 4 to 8 inches.

ABC 7 - 4 to 6 for most of Metro area. 6 to 10 for areas like Frederick/Carroll/Hagerstown

Baltimore..

Channel 11.. Didn't hear actual numbers but said rain all day..

Channel 13.. 3-6 N/W baltimore.. 1-3 Baltimore metro..

tony pan said snow to frz ranin to rain back to snow. Nothing changed from their forecast last night.

Where did he say that? I just watched him say that some areas had snow, depending where you were. It would then rain for a bit and change back to snow around sundown. Never did he mention freezing rain (on the channel 11 broadcast a moment ago).

How can NWS bust on 1-2" snow/sleet, 3hrs before it hits? Thing is, people & businesses are not prepared this morning... no warning at all, and unfortunately, we will probably loose innocent lives on the roads today...and thats just horrible.:axe: There is a model consensus DC sees between 4-8" of snow, and they do not issue a WSW.

Trying to figure out what they're smoking...maybe political? Hey, what else could it be?

The way this winter has gone, it's probably the correct move. I'll still be surprised if I actually have to shovel anything by the time this storm's over.

Have to agree with you, I'm skeptical based on trends this winter so far, however - I am currently watching/listening to an impressive slug of sneet coming down when I was supposed to be getting rain right now through midday...we'll see.

Alll southbound lanes of 95 at Rte 32 in MD are now closed due to a crash.

You gotta love the hacks that call the weather in this area. LWX has already proven this year that they have no idea how to forecast. What a waste of our taxpayer dollars. The TV "mets" are even worse.

Archived