12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet/snow combo right now...looks like there is some erosion to the Northern half of the precip...cold air filtering in maybe? That stuff in WV looks awesome and the 3z sref says it comes here...my money is on the NAM and SREF and the GFS can kiss Ji's butt

Yeah baby i am in the 8-14" range, not to get greedy but does that include the nearly 3" i already

recieved this morning? :guitar: .

yes part of the reason for the 8-14 is that is the zone that will do the best with the front end and also get into the deform band on the back end. Plus there always ends up being a super band that sets up near the back edge of the deform band and that would be over this area also.

yes part of the reason for the 8-14 is that is the zone that will do the best with the front end and also get into the deform band on the back end. Plus there always ends up being a super band that sets up near the back edge of the deform band and that would be over this area also.

Well we should have no problem hitting the 8", i would be shocked if we did not get at least 5" tonight. More than likely we will get around 8" tonight is my guess.

post-2304-0-50151500-1296045914.png

Looks good except for 1 thing. Think that 8 to 14 should be moved 10 miles or so to the northwest. :pimp:

Just shy of 31 here in Hanover, PA and the snow is picking up and falling moderate to heavy now. Around 1 1/2 inches on the ground. Wind seems to have picked up a little from the north after being calm all morning. Maybe get some of that colder air to my neighbors to the south to help with the mixing issues.

Sleet/snow combo right now...looks like there is some erosion to the Northern half of the precip...cold air filtering in maybe? That stuff in WV looks awesome and the 3z sref says it comes here...my money is on the NAM and SREF and the GFS can kiss Ji's butt

:wub:

That WV stuff must be party goods for part 2 of the storm!

I take it you threw out the 06z gfs

Archived