Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What. the. what?

Was up at 1:30 to let dogs out, check Euro. Just woke up to two inches of wet snow here in NE Baltimore City with more falling now. Stunned beyond belief that this initial thrust of moisture held together and is snow up this way. Amazed at how behind the curve that LWX and the tv people still seem to be. I guess part II of the storm (the good part) is still on track? Off to do some reading to catch up. The TV folks I just watched, particularly Pann on WBAL still claiming temps will rise and rain will fall at some point today. I just don't see that happening for my part of Baltimore. I think we're snow up this way for the most part.

What. the. what?

Was up at 1:30 to let dogs out, check Euro. Just woke up to two inches of wet snow here in NE Baltimore City with more falling now. Stunned beyond belief that this initial thrust of moisture held together and is snow up this way. Amazed at how behind the curve that LWX and the tv people still seem to be. I guess part II of the storm (the good part) is still on track? Off to do some reading to catch up. The TV folks I just watched, particularly Pann on WBAL still claiming temps will rise and rain will fall at some point today. I just don't see that happening for my part of Baltimore. I think we're snow up this way for the most part.

Back to all snow now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I see a bit of rain down here

I've got better than an inch and mainly snow now with some sleet

huge flakes and coming down nicely

I'm so ticked at NWS. First off they were calling for rain/snow with no accumulations and I end up with 1/2 inch this morning. Then they put me in a advisory for tonight with a rain and snow mix until midnight? Seriously? What are they smoking?

Looking at radar it looks as if it's back building with the precip from the coastal low to the upper low precip. If we can keep from dry-slotting between those slugs of moisture I think that helps keep the temps lower due to less solar radiation coming through the thinner clouds with that. Would help the rain/snow issue I would think.

Looking at radar it looks as if it's back building with the precip from the coastal low to the upper low precip. If we can keep from dry-slotting between those slugs of moisture I think that helps keep the temps lower due to less solar radiation coming through the thinner clouds with that. Would help the rain/snow issue I would think.

hey, this is bonus snow in my book with the main show after around 5PM

Archived