joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seasonal pattern ftw.. rainstorm buried

http://www.nco.ncep....fs_pcp_192m.gif

Normally, I'd say that's right where we want it at that time range but not this year. Of course, anywhere the models put it this year is not where we want it. lol. I'm going to be writing a blog on the potential tomorrow if there still is any.

Normally, I'd say that's right where we want it at that time range but not this year. Of course, anywhere the models put it this year is not where we want it. lol. I'm going to be writing a blog on the potential tomorrow if there still is any.

If the Euro holds that might be something but it has gotten us excited in this range before.. And it's not even really the same storm at this point.

IMO, it's too early to be talking about the amount of qpf, much less p-types for next week's possible event. I suspect that the 1/20 0z Euro is a western/warm outlier. The 1/20 12z GFS is probably an outlier to the opposite extreme. The ensembles have generally been somewhere between those two camps so to speak. I suspect a colder solution than the Euro and probably more significant one than the operational 12z GFS is more likely than either of the solutions on the operational guidance.

Well thats right where you want to be.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Don to the rescue

It's only fitting that we wait and let the PSUHoffman decide when is the right time to write the obituary on this fantasy storm. If it wasn't named for him, he would probably already been on here trying to to kill it off. But hopefully it can revive itself within a day or two before he has to pull the plug.

Archived