joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no offense but i personally care very little what anyone in their forum says. the setup on the euro is good obviously but to compare it to a top 10 storm in this area right now is silly.

Seriously, that thread is a fooking train wreck....anyone mentioning a comparison to PDII based on a 6 to 7 day forecast should be permanently 5 posted (met or not).

And yes, this single run of the Euro disproves the [ficticious] SW bias thing, right? /sarcasm

This is a really tough pattern for the globals or any model to key in on as each wave disturbance breaks off the Pacific Jet then passes through the coastal ranges than the northern rockies. Beyond 100 hours the operational runs are going to have a lot of issues. Threats are good to track--but this is definitely a much higher variability threat than others.

Here is a good look at the action in the Pacific and the development of the first wave disturbance. http://www.atmos.was....cgi?sat_500+12

Here is a good look at the GFS operational in the Pacific. Watch each wave disturbance break off the Pacific Jet then pass over the Eastern Pacific Ridge. The exact timing of these low amplitude features and how strong they eventually are is almost impossible for the models to accurately simulate--then more variability is thrown into the mix as they pass through the coastal ranges and dense mountain networks of BC. This is likely going to be some of the lowest verification scores of the models all winter with this pattern we are getting into.

http://weather.utah....fs004&r=PA&d=TS

This is a really tough pattern for the globals or any model to key in on as each wave disturbance breaks off the Pacific Jet then passes through the coastal ranges than the northern rockies. Beyond 100 hours the operational runs are going to have a lot of issues. Threats are good to track--but this is definitely a much higher variability threat than others.

Here is a good look at the action in the Pacific and the development of the first wave disturbance. http://www.atmos.was....cgi?sat_500+12

Baro i wish you would post here more, your knowledge of weather is unreal and your simplistic explanations make it very easy to understand and help me learn more :thumbsup: . Thank you.

euro ens are less impressive at 500 especially with the northern stream but still show snow in the area from 120 thru 156 so it's generally supportive of the op it seems.

The ensembles haven't helped much this season. Plenty of times they were more favorable to us than the operational run after run and it never mattered.

The ensembles haven't helped much this season. Plenty of times they were more favorable to us than the operational run after run and it never mattered.

yeah as i've stated im not the hugest fan of hanging on them especially at this range but i figured someone would want to know.

euro ens are less impressive at 500 especially with the northern stream but still show snow in the area from 120 thru 156 so it's generally supportive of the op it seems.

GFS mean is also in fair agreement with the Op for the Tuesday event, but even weaker than the puny thing the Op shows. But there's a lot of spread among the members. For the GFS, only 3 members even get precip to DC through 132hrs.

I would say it sounds like the Euro's ensembles are in more agreement with their Op than the GFS.

Archived