Jebman Posted 12 hours ago Share Posted 12 hours ago 19 hours ago, TSSN+ said: This is the mid atl thread bro. lol I know that TSSN, but the southwest thread people are all laconic and don't care about rain. I actually do not belong in Texas. I belong in southeast DC. It's way too dry here. Meanwhile, in other news earlier today, I got stranded at a 7-11 for 90 minutes, because of heavy rain. I had to hide the car under a gas station roof because my roof leaks lol. Yeah, I got plenty of rain today lol. We got 2 inches of rain from this storm cycle. We are up to 40.4 inches of rain on the year. I STILL crave a 12 C El Nino and I still want so much rain that the 1626/967 Intersection in north Buda gets covered up with 45 feet of Plum Creek water and I get to jebwalk around the flood zone getting live water level readings ! "This is Jebman, reporting to you all LIVE, where we just got 27 inches of El Nino enhanced rain and we now have a catastrophic 230 year flood here in Buda, TX in which I have measured 45 feet of rushing water across the Rt 1626/Rt967 Intersection! The gas station has been completely washed away, even the foundations! We lost the entire shopping center too! I nearly got swept away because when I was getting my water level observations, there was a surge and I couldn't limp away fast enough. Thankfully one of my friends here managed to snag me inches from a sure death! This is a fun flood, but everyone needs to stay away from this intersection! Earth sides are still caving in. Huge construction equipment nearby has been swept down as well! Some of these are huge earthmovers. The new renovated Buda Sports Complex has been devastated. I am not even sure I can get back up the hill to where I live because the entire area is collapsing because of all the runoff lol. I'll get back to you all with more updates!" 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnEndlessMaze Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago Wasn’t it supposed to be sunny today? It’s raining here Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mdhokie Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago NWS forecast for yesterday was partly sunny, no mention of rain. Our school fall fest got rained out half way through and I had to clean up and put stuff away in a downpour. It looks like it was off and on rain all night and now my kids softball games are cancelled. I don't remember much modeling showing that much rain prior to the overnight hours. Getting tired of the weekend rain.... 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MN Transplant Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago Forecast was good here. Got a solid rainfall overnight (0.78") and now we are in and out of sprinkles like several of the models showed. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxUSAF Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago 1 minute ago, MN Transplant said: Forecast was good here. Got a solid rainfall overnight (0.78") and now we are in and out of sprinkles like several of the models showed. Overnight guidance was too far south with this rain batch. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dailylurker Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago 7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said: Overnight guidance was too far south with this rain batch. Why doesn't this ever happen when we have cold air in place lol. It would be like waking up to a snowstorm today that was forecast to hit Richmond. 2 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mdhokie Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago 8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said: Overnight guidance was too far south with this rain batch. Yea, even northern Carroll and Baltimore Counties are getting rain, looks like it stalled out right through central MD. I was hoping we'd stay dry, especially with the Power to the People concert today. Guess I better go find my rain gear. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago 32 minutes ago, mdhokie said: Yea, even northern Carroll and Baltimore Counties are getting rain, looks like it stalled out right through central MD. I was hoping we'd stay dry, especially with the Power to the People concert today. Guess I better go find my rain gear. That's crazy. Beautiful blue skies with just some high clouds in Hanover. .3" yesterday Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MN Transplant Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago 49 minutes ago, WxUSAF said: Overnight guidance was too far south with this rain batch. Even when it isn't Maryland's turn... (#alwaysMaryland) 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
midatlanticweather Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago What's up with the DC area radars? Ya, this rain is persistent! 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
weatherCCB Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago 0.48” overnight and this morning so far 58 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BlizzardNole Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago We just had some large swaths of the yard reseeded, and this light rain is perfect. Love seeing the new Mesonet stations up! Hoping to see some in Anne Arundel and St. Marys Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Terpeast Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago 0.18”, low end of what most of the area got. But glad to see that it at least rained Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Joe Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago M0.03" Reisterstown. Dodged just about everything. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
H2O Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago .72" so far since last night. Glad I cut grass in the heat yesterday. Worlds difference temp wise now. 30 degrees off my high from yesterday 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
toolsheds Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago 2 hours ago, mdhokie said: Yea, even northern Carroll and Baltimore Counties are getting rain, looks like it stalled out right through central MD. I was hoping we'd stay dry, especially with the Power to the People concert today. Guess I better go find my rain gear. Enjoy the show. Wanted to get tickets, but already had bought tickets for Smashing Pumpkins tonight and my daughter came home from school for the show. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JenkinsJinkies Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago 3 hours ago, WxUSAF said: Overnight guidance was too far south with this rain batch. We’re getting a makeup for the fail we had in late June. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SnowtoRain Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago 0.56" event Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wxdude64 Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Had 0.30" at 7 am and 63.6 degrees. Currently is 58.5/56.9 at 11:15 am with light rain and fog, another 0.20" since 7 am. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jrlg1181 Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago 0.75 for the event.. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Interstate Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago 95 South special Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wawarriors4 Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago 0.48” here in NW Stafford 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nw baltimore wx Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago It rained? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxUSAF Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago About 0.5” since last evening 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nw baltimore wx Posted 26 minutes ago Share Posted 26 minutes ago .08” Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jrlg1181 Posted 15 minutes ago Share Posted 15 minutes ago 1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said: It rained? A question that I had to ask myself the entire summer down here.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now