• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man .. another beaut today and tomorrow . Just a great mainly sunny warm week . And that really furnaces Monday - Wednesday next week to 80+ inland . Best Napril / Mayorch beginning in many years 

Mainly sunny? I thought you lived in Connecticut? 

Screenshot_20240503_210153_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It was a beautiful afternoon. I took it off and went for a bike ride on the LVRT. Hardwick to Wolcott and back. Finished with tacos in Hardwick when I was done. 

IMG_4190.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

My sister in law lives in Walden off Bayley Hazen Road. That bridge looks like the one that goes over 15. The path also crosses Bayley Hazen Road. They were still building it the last time I was up there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

My sister in law lives in Walden off Bayley Hazen Road. That bridge looks like the one that goes over 15. The path also crosses Bayley Hazen Road. They were still building it the last time I was up there.

That bridge is the Fisher Covered Bridge in Walcott. It’s right next to Rt. 15. I had originally thought about riding towards Walden but there is work going on to repair flood damage from last summer. 

51 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Can't buy a below average month during the winter. Spring? No problem. 

Screenshot_20240504_055847_Chrome.jpg

Glad we don't live there....

From NWS Upton. 

On April 26, the first record lows were set at any local site in nearly 10 months. For context, 39 record highs were recorded in the same period.

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What an absolute fabulous first 4 days of May thus far with sun and AN away from nasty ocean. One bad day tomorrow and then back to summer next week .All this after an AN Napril . 

Do you and Ken get alerts when each other post?  Or is this an auto-canned message that AI generates when anything cool is mentioned? lol.  It’s like clockwork.

<If words cool, BN, cloudy, rain, showers, are mentioned, respond with dialog about perfect weather immediately />

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Do you and Ken get alerts when each other post?  Or is this an auto-canned message that AI generates when anything cool is mentioned? lol.  It’s like clockwork.

<If words cool, BN, cloudy, rain, showers, are mentioned, respond with dialog about perfect weather immediately />

It’s like he lives on a different planet. :lol: Absolutely nothing makes sense or is real . Half man half Martian ?

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They definitely sext each other.

• Haha 4

There’s a switch out of this hellish -NAO regime next week, and it likely means the disturbance late week kicks out, faster— by very early Sat morning. I’m optimistic for the first time this spring, in “better than modeled weather”.

Friday could suck, but next weekend will likely turn out much better than current guidance consensus. 

March will finally be behind us.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Down to 42 here in Warwick , Rhode Island .

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

44 here. Enjoy Tuesday it's the only weather you got. 

Screenshot_20240504_055021_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Can't buy a below average month during the winter. Spring? No problem. 

Screenshot_20240504_055847_Chrome.jpg

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s like he lives on a different planet. :lol: Absolutely nothing makes sense or is real . Half man half Martian ?

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good morning everyone after reading through the enjoyably posts and checking my over half century old mercury thermometer at 07:52, I decided to listen to an old S and G favorite. I may move on to a refrain from ‘Annie’ next. Stay well, as always ….

IMG_0210.png

IMG_0209.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Be careful though.  We may not cleanly exit the shits like that.   

The PNA is being forecast to flip modes into positive in the Euro's recent ensembles - fwiw.  The GEFs are bit tamer... rising to neutral index, but the Euro brings back February.

This can be seen both in the numerical telecons, but also in the larger hemispheric synoptic mean.  If it has legs we shift away from the -NAO shits, right into PNA diarrhea.   

Models do tend to be over amplified as a standing correction ... Pretty much everything they're handling beyond D 4 ..5 ..etc, tends to prove magnified.  Factoring that in might bring a more realistic/tamer GFS solution that much back from the brink of disastrous misery.  Suddenly some redemption, etc.  By arithmetic, that would require a big correction from the Euro, though. This is ensemble mean, mind you, at 200 hours

image.png.25297074c47924bbafc68939c47b909d.png

Anyway ... have to see if the PNA is being overly baked by the Euro. 

This kind of game of relaying from one rapist to the next hemisphere has been a spring plight around here going back years, on top of a climate that is also questionably tolerable to begin with.  Therefore, it fits the multi-seasonal trend? so to speak. It just makes the idea feel right ha

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Beautiful sunny morning 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Got flat tire on my cycling ride last night. Black flies were aiding me replace the tube.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Man you’re courageous riding the roads around here. I gave that up years ago for the dirt. Rather hit a tree than get run over by a teenager on their phone 

• Like 3