Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

March showers bring Napril flowers. Love this new climate regime!

I am surprised that you are enjoying the new climate regime that brought you snow in late march and early April.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

I am surprised that you are enjoying the new climate regime that brought you snow in late march and early April.

Yeah our BN temps consistently are like -5 and AN is +15, we take.  Hopefully in 20-30 years it never snows again in March or April!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

47 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

40.9" after the equinox, most I've measured anywhere.  Another 3-day rain incoming here, though next week has more promise.

• Like 1

There's a warm signal in the east between roughly the 14th and 20th that the models, particularly the GFS ( which is normal for that tool's cold tendency in late mid and extended range - ) have been imagining innumerable ways in which to scrub it out of the synoptic outlooks in that time range.  

This is the third and final update to the season snowfall maps for Winter 2023-2024, as of April 10th 2024. If there's any additional accums ill update it.

I've been going back and creating new seasonal snowfall maps for the past 25 years for SNE so i changed the ranges from 10 to 20" ranges to feet so it's now 6"  to 12" to 24" and this will be the same for all the other maps. 

If anyone has any corrections or additional reports i will gladly add them, just let me know. Everything on here is pulled from the SNE snow page by Kevin, COOP, CoCoRahs, climo sites and NOAA NOHRSC.

05_01.24_jdj_v3_sne_seasonal_snowfall.thumb.jpg.5f23a9181d2814c4058f83a1905af0a3.jpg

05_01.24_jdj_v3_ct_seasonal_snowfall.thumb.jpg.7b263eae27354407c4f770f260ca6576.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This is the third and final update to the season snowfall maps for Winter 2023-2024, as of April 10th 2024. If there's any additional accums ill update it.

I've been going back and creating new seasonal snowfall maps for the past 25 years for SNE so i changed the ranges from 10 to 20" ranges to feet so it's now 6"  to 12" to 24" and this will be the same for all the other maps. 

If anyone has any corrections or additional reports i will gladly add them, just let me know. Everything on here is pulled from the SNE snow page by Kevin, COOP, CoCoRahs, climo sites and NOAA NOHRSC.

05_01.24_jdj_v3_sne_seasonal_snowfall.thumb.jpg.5f23a9181d2814c4058f83a1905af0a3.jpg

05_01.24_jdj_v3_ct_seasonal_snowfall.thumb.jpg.7b263eae27354407c4f770f260ca6576.jpg

Great work dude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Buds are sorta swelling here. But this is still a problem…

image.png

It sometimes seems true that late season snow is natures fertilizer.  That stuff melting into a warming ground… get a few sunny days and things can green up fast.  Unfortunately we’ve got more soggy ground coming for New England.