Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 2024

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Mid 60s already

21 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Walked out to take my kids to school at 7:20 and they said it feels like Florida today...LOL

The Postage Stamps old fashioned Woolworths special agrees. As always ….

IMG_0194.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Anyone familiar with the Ambient weather WS2902?

I have the original monitor and it won't connect to wifi any longer (seems ambient disabled that functionality and you have to buy a new monitor of course).

Anyhow... I just set it up outside in a less than ideal location but there was already a hole from a tree stump so I went with it. Temp dew etc should all be fine but wind will be less since there a tree 20 feet to its west and it also gets shade from that after 5 pm so the insolation and UV will be skewed.

Temp and dew will be fine since not direct sunlight. So trade offs I suppose.

Anyhow... .15 inches of rain last night in the bucket.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Anyone familiar with the Ambient weather WS2902?

I have the original monitor and it won't connect to wifi any longer (seems ambient disabled that functionality and you have to buy a new monitor of course).

Anyhow... I just set it up outside in a less than ideal location but there was already a hole from a tree stump so I went with it. Temp dew etc should all be fine but wind will be less since there a tree 20 feet to its west and it also gets shade from that after 5 pm so the insolation and UV will be skewed.

Temp and dew will be fine since not direct sunlight. So trade offs I suppose.

Anyhow... .15 inches of rain last night in the bucket.

It sounds like a repackaged LaCrosse weather station.  I've bought from Ambient in the past and that's what I got.  I never used wifi though, because the wired connections update much faster.  

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The usual warm spots from around Philly  NE into NJ should get very close to 90° ahead of the backdoor this afternoon. 

9F6949E7-C6D6-410F-8908-A272C93E326C.thumb.png.cd4546bb9ce97e284d8d5e299d7f20d7.png

I think even coastal areas will easily make it to 80 or higher.  The temperatures are being underforecast.  We are already at 77 here and it's not even 9:30 AM yet LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Had a decent downpour here. Didn't last long but it delivered a quick quarter of an inch of rain. The soil was very dry, so I'm glad we got a watering. 

Had a high temp of 80. Looking for 87 or 88 tomorrow. We might get another little downpour with the backdoor cold front during the afternoon. 

Yeah it was nice to get something a bit more substantial

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It sounds like a repackaged LaCrosse weather station.  I've bought from Ambient in the past and that's what I got.  I never used wifi though, because the wired connections update much faster.  

It seems like I can't even get it to connect to the ambient weather network anymore though from what they say.

I want to be able to view it from my mobile device (AWN...wunderground...etc)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Beautiful morning! Can’t wait for this to be everyday two weeks from now 

76 already!!!

Gotta enjoy it today! Back to the cool east winds the next couple days. At least it appears that there won't be any more cold weather where there would be a threat a frost. I think it's safe to plant the warm weather vegetables like tomatoes now. I'll be doing that Thursday and Friday. 

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Gotta enjoy it today! Back to the cool east winds the next couple days. At least it appears that there won't be any more cold weather where there would be a threat a frost. I think it's safe to plant the warm weather vegetables like tomatoes now. I'll be doing that Thursday and Friday. 

Yeah I think we are safe from here on out....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah I don't think we're going to drop much below 50 despite highs only in the 60s the rest of the week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsPens87 said:

It seems like I can't even get it to connect to the ambient weather network anymore though from what they say.

I want to be able to view it from my mobile device (AWN...wunderground...etc)

I have my 2902 connected to an Ecowitt GW1000 (GW1100 is the newer model) because my display had hardware/software issues and I didn’t feel like buying a new one. Ecowitt is owned by Fine Offset, the company that manufactures the 2902, so their stuff is fully compatible with the 2902. I don’t have access to AWN but it works for everything else (arguably more), and Ecowitt has something similar to AWN. The GW1000/GW1100 also supports accessories whereas my original 2902 display didn’t, lightning detectors, soil monitors, etc.