Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ECLIPSE CHASING!!!!

36 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

that was amazing

40 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Absolutely unreal. Amazing experience….now i get why they say 99% vs 100% is basically not seeing it vs seeing it. 

IMG_3904.jpeg

IMG_5730.jpeg

Did you get that 'flash' that apparently sometimes happens just before totality, as the mountains areas on the moon's surface first obscure the sun?  From some videos I caught today that looks awesome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Volcanic Winter said:

IMG_4951.thumb.jpeg.4d3476a01b78dc32aae518a1fafe8552.jpeg

Partial shot, I actually like how the clouds enhance visibility in my iPhone lens. Wasn’t really able to be captured otherwise at 88-90%, whatever exactly the north half of Jersey was. Still very cool!

There's a total solar eclipse in Iceland in August 2026, considering it?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

In Spain, and brushing Portugal too. Edge of the path of totality passes through northern parts of Madrid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

The path of totality goes across Hornstrandir one of Iceland's most remote national parks. You can only get to it by boat. In the early stages of planning a trip there in 2026 with some backpacking friends. 

• Like 3

Good morning everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos taken by forum members. Passed quite a few of them on to my grandson. At 132 I won’t be here to experience it but if I’m reading the projected path map correctly, NYC will be in for a 100% experience 55 years from now. Stay well and thank you again for all the photos. As always …..

IMG_0153.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos taken by forum members. Passed quite a few of them on to my grandson. At 132 I won’t be here to experience it but if I’m reading the projected path map correctly, NYC will be in for a 100% experience 55 years from now. Stay well and thank you again for all the photos. As always …..

IMG_0153.png

I think that 2045 one in Miami is a much better bet than the 2079 in NYC-- note how early in the morning that one is.... 10 minutes after sunrise, you'd have to be near a place that had a body of water to the east to see it.

Since Miami is the "sixth borough of New York City" the one in 2045 should count as a NYC eclipse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Jims Videos said:

Totality in Plattsburgh. The few high clouds had zero effect of the eclipse comparing it to 2017 in South Carolina.  Saw both diamond ring phases and we were treated to Baily's Beads throughout totality.  It's tough to see here   2064207268_11306263.thumb.jpg.a9352c25e9ccd5451cfda8b497f33abf.jpg207753460_11306893.thumb.jpg.2b00ccd03152201afe42145e218e53a8.jpg

So glad you got these shots. I was in Plattsburgh also (city beach) and was nervous with clouds all day but it was perfect and as expected peak lifetime experience. Traffic was epic - worst I’ve been in - back to Saratoga hotel. 
130 miles in 5.5 hours. All worth it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3