12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New England Met Spring 2024 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

14 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Pizza is gross in RI.

13 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I can say the same for New York, lots of bad to mediocre pizza spots all over the place.  Pick a good one next time :P

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Wtf is that

This Italian sourced Connecticut seafood pie looks good. As for … (Wtf) …  that’s forky’s under the bridge training meal. It’s also, on occasion, offered to special guests. Buon Appetito, as always …

IMG_0213.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Never had maple syrup have you?

Ahh that’s the life saving drug that all Vermont State Troopers, EMS, and ambulance services carry throughout the state.

Every VSP state police cruiser has a gallon jug of maple syrup in it and it is in official EMS protocols to administer “Pure Vermont Maple Syrup” for all diabetic emergencies.

IMG_9529.thumb.jpeg.1ef4ce0b5e85a4514070fec53489ea33.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BrianW said:

This post inspired me to order some apizza from Sally's last night... large meatball and a white clam...

A classic New England/VT long trail is my beer of choice with New Haven pizza...

Baked and served on these premises since 1938...

@powderfreak

@mreaves

Screenshot_20240505_053640_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_053621_Instagram.jpg

Oh my God that looks good.

• Like 1

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/hatfield-91-crash-bear-dragged-victim/

What a headline: "Bear dragged crash victim's body from car in woods off Massachusetts highway, police say."

Guy goes off I-91 and dies in a single car accident that wasn't witnessed by anyone.  Who knows how long he was there.  Then a black bear tries to drag him off per Mass State Police.

"When first responders reached the scene, the deceased male occupant of the vehicle was outside the car and a bear was observed in the woods in the vicinity of the scene," State Police said in a statement. "Evidence suggests the bear at some point had made contact with the victim's body."

The bear took off from the area while troopers were at the scene.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/hatfield-91-crash-bear-dragged-victim/

What a headline: "Bear dragged crash victim's body from car in woods off Massachusetts highway, police say."

Guy goes off I-91 and dies in a single car accident that wasn't witnessed by anyone.  Who knows how long he was there.  Then a black bear tries to drag him off per Mass State Police.

"When first responders reached the scene, the deceased male occupant of the vehicle was outside the car and a bear was observed in the woods in the vicinity of the scene," State Police said in a statement. "Evidence suggests the bear at some point had made contact with the victim's body."

The bear took off from the area while troopers were at the scene.

Saw this on Reddit and thought of you.

Screenshot_20240506_125749_Reddit.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Saw this on Reddit and thought of you.

Screenshot_20240506_125749_Reddit.jpg

Ha dude they are hungry this time of year.  They’ve been breaking into cars around here lately.  Gotta lock your doors, they know how to open car door handles.

They are so strong when they want to be too.  Here at the ski area they will dismantle a shed (like take full size doors off their hinges, screws right out of the wall) to get to one bucked of compost.  Seen them remove garage doors even to get to the most mundane food sources like a bag of bird seed in a garage.

But one dog bark will cause them to flee in fear.  They are funny animals like that.  Like the one on our porch a couple years ago came a couple times to get to the garbage but as soon as my lab would bark from inside that bear couldn’t run fast enough out of there.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha dude they are hungry this time of year.  They’ve been breaking into cars around here lately.  Gotta lock your doors, they know how to open car door handles.

They are so strong when they want to be too.  Here at the ski area they will dismantle a shed (like take full size doors off their hinges, screws right out of the wall) to get to one bucked of compost.  Seen them remove garage doors even to get to the most mundane food sources like a bag of bird seed in a garage.

But one dog bark will cause them to flee in fear.  They are funny animals like that.  Like the one on our porch a couple years ago came a couple times to get to the garbage but as soon as my lab would bark from inside that bear couldn’t run fast enough out of there.

All that for probably like a few crumbs of bread in the wall.. haha

They seem to be so fearful of dogs as you said. 

My 13lb Chihuahua/mix got loose one evening and I found him at the base of a tree with like a 300 pound black bear that climbed up and was scared shitless. 

4 minutes ago, BrianW said:

All that for probably like a few crumbs of bread in the wall.. haha

They seem to be so fearful of dogs as you said. 

My 13lb Chihuahua/mix got loose one evening and I found him at the base of a tree with like a 300 pound black bear that climbed up and was scared shitless. 

They are afraid of everything, even their own shadow.  It’s like they don’t realize what they are, ha.

They are super curious, largely lazy grazers who are often scared of any loud noise they weren’t expecting.  It’s kind of hilarious and why I find them so fascinating and cool to see.  Like they have this vibe of “hey dude, I’m just trying to survive here, you mind your way, I’ll mind my way and we can just chill together.”

Seeing a bear while hiking is fun, where as a moose’s immediate reaction is to hate me for disturbing him and he will charge if annoyed.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They are afraid of everything, even their own shadow.  It’s like they don’t realize what they are, ha.

They are super curious, largely lazy grazers who are often scared of any loud noise they weren’t expecting.  It’s kind of hilarious and why I find them so fascinating and cool to see.  Like they have this vibe of “hey dude, I’m just trying to survive here, you mind your way, I’ll mind my way and we can just chill together.”

Seeing a bear while hiking is fun, where as a moose’s immediate reaction is to hate me for disturbing him and he will charge if annoyed.

Especially in early fall.  Many years ago in NW Maine on the first Monday of October I had a bull walking toward me and grunting.  It was 1.5 miles off the road in mature spruce-fir with no understory, so no place to hide.  Since he might be violently disappointed at my not being the cow of his dreams, I started whooping and tossing sticks when he got within 20 yards.  He dropped his head to display the antlers - one of the biggest I've seen - then after a couple minutes walked a quarter circle to my left, resumed grunting and went about his business.  After my heart slowed a bit, I did the same.

On 5/5/2024 at 7:14 AM, BrianW said:

This post inspired me to order some apizza from Sally's last night... large meatball and a white clam...

A classic New England/VT long trail is my beer of choice with New Haven pizza...

Baked and served on these premises since 1938...

@powderfreak

@mreaves

Screenshot_20240505_053640_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_053621_Instagram.jpg

Left pizza looks burned to a crisp, probably influenced by the barstool bozo :p

• Haha 1