Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

No way, Seattle blows..period. 

It’s actually pretty amazing.  Summers are dry and beautiful with long days and light until close to 9:30-10pm in high summer.  You’re within 90 minutes of epic snows in winter with the occasional snower into the city.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s actually pretty amazing.  Summers are dry and beautiful with long days and light until close to 9:30-10pm in high summer.  You’re within 90 minutes of epic snows in winter with the occasional snower into the city.

Ok..I stand corrected then. Lol. I’m thinking fall and spring ain’t to great though. However it’s not my first choice to live if I was gonna pick a place away from SNE.  

I've always imagined a scenario where I had the wherewithal to flee this New England taint season.

I'm willing to risk the historic bomb, because they are just too rare to bother.  I'm also willing to risk the fair day in April, because those too are just too rare and not enough of them.  April should not exist on a God intended Earth ... 

Mostly from about March 15 through May 1, what you get is what's going on out there right now.  Light rain/40s F 

• Like 3

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ok..I stand corrected then. Lol. I’m thinking fall and spring ain’t to great though. However it’s not my first choice to live if I was gonna pick a place away from SNE.  

I spent a lot of time there 35 years ago when I was frequently visiting a gf there.  Got to see a lot-had Starbucks before anyone ever heard of it…lol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've always imagined a scenario where I had the wherewithal to flee this New England taint season.

I'm willing to risk the historic bomb, because they are just too rare to bother.  I'm also willing to risk the fair day in April, because those too are just too rare and not enough of them.  April should not exist on a God intended Earth ... 

Mostly from about March 15 through May 1, what you get is what's going on out there right now.  Light rain/40s F 

Yup.  We’re outta here tomorrow but unfortunately will be back by the final days of March which spares us some but certainly not all of the awful spring we typically get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

I’m from the MidAtlantic forum and don’t post here but thought I would share with you a picture I just took of the condo I’m staying at Donner Pass in California. Our weather has been shitty so I decided to chase this epic Sierra snowstorm. Mind you, this building is four stories tall and it’s on the leeward side of the wind direction, but still….

IMG_1612.jpeg

How much new. Thanks for the pic

Found ~12" (3" gray, 9" black) on Flying Pond, about 10 miles south of my place, but almost no action last Tuesday.  Maybe try again Monday.  In an average winter there would be 18-20" this time of year.

I've only been there (actually near Olympia) twice, both times for Thanksgiving week, and there was rain every day both times.  Only about 4 of the 14 days were stormy all day; the others had occasional showers - every cloud seemed to spill a little.  Some say that it only rains once in November, from the 1st thru the 30th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, tamarack said:

Found ~12" (3" gray, 9" black) on Flying Pond, about 10 miles south of my place, but almost no action last Tuesday.  Maybe try again Monday.  In an average winter there would be 18-20" this time of year.

I've only been there (actually near Olympia) twice, both times for Thanksgiving week, and there was rain every day both times.  Only about 4 of the 14 days were stormy all day; the others had occasional showers - every cloud seemed to spill a little.  Some say that it only rains once in November, from the 1st thru the 30th.

I was there for a couple days before an Alaska cruise in June and it was also drizzly for both days. On the way back from the cruise it was a 70 degree sunny day, that was the day we went home.

18 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve yet to see one but my wife saw a mom and two kittens(?) a few years ago walking around our pool. 

I see them at least two to three times a year here. I've saw a pair once and then individuals several times. We have a lot of woods around us.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve yet to see one but my wife saw a mom and two kittens(?) a few years ago walking around our pool. 

I practically live in the woods and have never seen one in the daytime. Of course usually I'm making quite a racket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

The irony is that as of lately it seems as though Seattle gets more weather extremes than our area. How about their June 2021 heat wave, with temperatures 5 to 10 degrees above previous all time records? Hot Saturday in 1975 didn't accomplish that feat around here. Maybe July 1911 did in some areas, but I'm not sure. Even with regards to snowfall, outside of the downtown area it seems like they have been running above average relative to their climo for the last few seasons, versus us running below average with ours.