• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024

TriPol

Will be interesting to see whether New York City observes any more snowfall this winter. Currently, ninth least for the season dating back to the winter of 1868-1869. Only partial records available for the first winter, but there was still far more snowfall observed in the available months.

xMacis has this as 10th least; however, there was actually 9.1" observed in the winter of 1900-1901. xMacis is missing 4 inches from that winter.

image.png.3d55dd855d314e73560335c4b157dd1b.png

image.thumb.png.4d76663493adf96af84a96f9d16112e3.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Stunning day. 10 out of 10. Can’t get better.

Already 58 degrees under bright sunshine.

Temps will bust to the high side for sure today.

Next Sunday is going to be amazing. After 7pm sunsets come back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Next Sunday is going to be amazing. After 7pm sunsets come back

Yes rainy and in the forties is going to be so amazing. Nothing like spring in the northeast. But at least it will be light out after 7 although it sucks for those of us getting up at 5 that we get an extra hour of dark. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Yes rainy and in the forties is going to be so amazing. Nothing like spring in the northeast. But at least it will be light out after 7 although it sucks for those of us getting up at 5 that we get an extra hour of dark. 

It’s going to approach 70 degrees today and the next 20 days will feature plenty of 60s and 70s.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Wake up later 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, ag3 said:

It’s going to approach 70 degrees today and the next 20 days will feature plenty of 60s and 70s.

Not up by me in the foothills. Have today and one day next week in the 60s, the rest are 40s with rain. Spring always sucks except for those rare warm days with sun. The rest is mud, bugs, and more mud. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

It boggles my mind that people want this warmth this early.  We have 8 more months of this mild weather. 

Wtf

If it's not going to snow then a day like today is great. Cool, dreary / rainy is depressing and unfortunately is what we will get starting tomorrow and will last for an entire week.

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

We have tied or broken some record highs so far for March 3. 

Central Park: 65F - Ties previous record of 65 in 1991

Newark, NJ: 66F - Ties previous record of 66 in 1991

JFK: 64F - Breaks previous record of 63 in 1991

Bridgeport, CT: 60F - Breaks previous record of 58 in 2004

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

huh ? today is the only day over 60 for at least the next week

ZFP from KOKX (cod.edu)

Yes let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have some warm to very warm weather ahead of us but also a lot of damp at least partially rainy days with temperatures in the 40s. We'll take the warmth when it comes.

WX/PT

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

It boggles my mind that people want this warmth this early.  We have 8 more months of this mild weather. 

Wtf

I honestly completely agree. We have warmth and humidity so much of the year anymore I want March to be seasonably cool to cold yet. We have the entire spring ahead of us post March and rest assured everyone will get their warmth and sun. 

I mean no disrespect to anyone but it is a little surprising to me how little all of the winter enthusiasts here seem to appreciate cool weather in general though. Our warm season outweighs the cool season significantly anymore, especially with summer increasingly lagging into Sep and Oct. 

And we’ve been having plenty of early heatwaves like last April. Idk, I appreciate the cool weather when we can get it (which unfortunately isn’t now). 

Cheering on unseasonable warmth, IMHO, feels like cheering on our worsening climate issues. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Wtf

i hope we never see a below average month again

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

With each passing day, more and more flowers are bursting in bloom at the New York Botanical Garden. While the ECMWF weeklies pick up the pieces of a shattered late February to mid-March forecast, cold analogs from 1958 and 2018 lie in the trash can, Punxsutawney Phil is sipping champagne and admiring the spring colors outside his burrow to celebrate a verified long-range forecast.

From the New York Botanical Garden:

image.jpeg.d74ccb77370fde97ac088c77251ea6cb.jpeg

image.jpeg.c3cdd4a6ca788df218121a050d0a66f7.jpeg

image.jpeg.c686335d17820b206043b4be82fc5d54.jpeg

image.jpeg.2ccc6f3ea13d73136a29a4dae94061d4.jpeg

image.jpeg.c99f3b3a49dbffbb3f755c14c7af2bcb.jpeg

image.jpeg.8370755036cc9bd7282441d5cd133259.jpeg

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

I honestly completely agree. We have warmth and humidity so much of the year anymore I want March to be seasonably cool to cold yet. We have the entire spring ahead of us post March and rest assured everyone will get their warmth and sun. 

I mean no disrespect to anyone but it is a little surprising to me how little all of the winter enthusiasts here seem to appreciate cool weather in general though. Our warm season outweighs the cool season significantly anymore, especially with summer increasingly lagging into Sep and Oct. 

And we’ve been having plenty of early heatwaves like last April. Idk, I appreciate the cool weather when we can get it (which unfortunately isn’t now). 

Cheering on unseasonable warmth, IMHO, feels like cheering on our worsening climate issues. 

There are plenty of us who love the seasons being the way they are supposed to be. I’m a horticulturalist and these early warmups are awful for dormant plants. If it’s going to get warm early it has to stay warm or we risk damage. 

• Like 4