Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

21 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This should continue to trend south a little more. Let's see 18z and 0z.

Big runs

it could also bump north. these changes are noise. euro still has temps too high in the city area. yes i know dynamical cooling etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

ERUO just shifted 30-50 miles south or so... One more of those and NYC is in the game, but that is a big ask

The euro is enough to put I80 through the immediate northern suburbs in the game. NYC would need a bit of a tick south but the bigger question is this a wobble or a trend? 

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Some still think it will pass off the DelMarVa.

You guys have to start criticizing the weather channel, they are spreading false info.

1) They have said for days this is a noreaster

2) They have said for days this is passing south and east of the benchmark "ensuring mostly snow for the coast" (their words....)

3) They have said for days now that this is a "monster" I-95 snowstorm.

I went at them on social media telling them that they make a good case for why people from the south have no clue what an I-95 snowstorm or noreaster even is and why people in Atlanta have no business making weather forecasts for the northeast. So while we can blame "weenies" the real people to blame, once again, is the media, for spreading false information.

Why do you follow the Weather Channel?

• Haha 1

At this point, cityfolk and LI peeps should hopefully have their expectations in check. Could the modest south trend continue and make Tuesday fun (not that fun though)? Sure. It could go the other way too. I don't think either direction is likely at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Metasequoia said:

At this point, cityfolk and LI peeps should hopefully have their expectations in check. Could the modest south trend continue and make Tuesday fun (not that fun though)? Sure. It could go the other way too. I don't think either direction is likely at this point.

Just for context. Its about 25 miles as the crow flies from White Plains to JFK.  If the wind is out of the NE (with water temps in the low 40s anyway) it will really just come down to the track of the LP

To be honest, I also have not seen the UKIE/CMC and EURO/GFS been so far apart in the scenarios as they were yesterday. It seems that at 12Z today they are all finally getting closer with a LP track somewhere between Cape May (EURO/GS) and Ocean City (CMC/UKIE) and then heading ENE 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Don’t fall for it man. 1-3” is what you should be expecting for city and coast 

I'd kill for that. Given the temperatures to start, dry midlevels at the storms closest approach (that aspect is always undermodeled)- then it'll take some time to moisten the columns again and by then the storm is moving east quickly and it'll be daytime anyways so it'll likely be white rain. 

If NYC records an inch, I'll consider it a win. 

• Like 2

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic