• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

You have to feel for all local meteorologists and the profession as a whole.  This is the stuff that we all know couldn’t be seen happening, and the public will have zero mercy.

The consistency was so stable for several days.  You have to message that “modeled storm” the past few days to the public.  But then if it snows 0-6”, after widespread 8-12”+ forecast with 1-2”/hr snows… it’s going be cause a whole other wave of “forecasters are a joke.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve unfortunately experienced several epic busts and this one is up there with the worst of them. I’ve thrown tantrums in my youth when they’ve happened but nowadays I just get high and laugh. 

With the way this is going, just get it the fuck out of here. My daffodils are 3 inches tall and my crocuses are in bloom. Bring on spring.

This reminds me a little of that March '18 storm that was supposed to dump on southern CT, but wound up with a sandy inch while Long Island cleaned up 2 feet.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

With the way this is going, just get it the fuck out of here. My daffodils are 3 inches tall and my crocuses are in bloom. Bring on spring.

This reminds me a little of that March '18 storm that was supposed to dump on southern CT, but wound up with a sandy inch while Long Island cleaned up 2 feet.

has anyone else seen a bunch of large flys the past two days? I've had three in two different indoor locations? The low 60s Saturday woke them up?

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

lol yup 

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne (36).png

From a methuen  jack to an Atlantic City jack in 24 hours.  Something wrong with the model last couple years.  The historical data and patterns that they have in their databases must’ve lost validity.  Some thing has changed and the analogs don’t do nearly as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He was forecasting no confluence 2 days ago. 

Ha, right?  Its going to rain for SNE, it’ll keep trending north.

It is interesting the posters who genuinely get enjoyment when the contrarian outcome occurs.  The opposite of what the masses desire.  Rain or whiff is all the same to them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

There's going to be an uproar from the public.  But schools cancelling 24 hours out have only themselves to blame.

These early calls are the function of parents demanding earlier and earlier decisions going back about 5 to 10 years ago... I've been apart of this trend for years and it was only a matter of time before it happened.  Nobody wanted to wait until daybreak even though there were red flags this afternoon.  I'm surprised a situation like this hasn't occurred sooner.  But  I am a bit shocked by how ugly this snow trend has gotten.  I never understood the need to cancel the afternoon or evening before, but parents are adamant... I think districts should be able to alert folks to the ongoing trend and reasses in the morning.  They all use the same alerting system... And it is still early enough in the evening...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He was forecasting no confluence 2 days ago. 

Oh the leader of the snow weenie pack.

Guy still lost.:clown:

CON-fluence. BS. Effin’ UL +height anoms over our heads. Has been that way for days.

Northern stream shortwave (kicker) kickin’ weenies in the nuts.

IMG_0703.png

IMG_0704.png

• Weenie 8

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

has anyone else seen a bunch of large flys the past two days? I've had three in two different indoor locations? The low 60s Saturday woke them up?

I heard one on the back porch today.  Didn't see it, but I know it was there.  

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

These early calls are the function of parents demanding earlier and earlier decisions going back about 5 to 10 years ago... I've been apart of this trend for years and it was only a matter of time before it happened.  Nobody wanted to wait until daybreak even though there were red flags this afternoon.  I'm surprised a situation like this hasn't occurred sooner.  But  I am a bit shocked by how ugly this snow trend has gotten.  I never understood the need to cancel the afternoon or evening before, but parents are adamant... I think districts should be able to alert folks to the ongoing trend and reasses in the morning.  They all use the same alerting system... And it is still early enough in the evening...

Wouldn’t some parents actually enjoy a notification that school is back on?  The ones who know their day will be strapped due to childcare now?

Who will be the first school in history to try reversing an early decision?  At some point it’ll happen.  Text and call alerts. It could be done.  If some kids still stay home, who cares,  but you get the day in.