• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

This is one of the worst modeled systems i can remember in the past 10-15 years. Guidance has been really bad with this. Reminds me a little of the 1/27/11 event in that respect, but that one actually started coming back in the final 12 hours....this one better reverse course soon if it wants to match that progression.

• Like 3

Just now, codfishsnowman said:

We did back in Feb 87 and Feb 89, I remember those Heartbreakers like it was yesterday. One big difference was we had man cold in place

One of those was brutal for CNJ. I think Feb 87. Expected 12-18” the night before, schools closed (which was not an easy feat back then) and we woke to flurries while the jersey shore cashed in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is one of the worst modeled systems i can remember in the past 10-15 years. Guidance has been really bad with this. Reminds me a little of the 1/27/11 event in that respect, but that one actually started coming back in the final 12 hours....this one better reverse course soon if it wants to match that progression.

are you buying the euro?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

One of those was brutal for CNJ. I think Feb 87. Expected 12-18” the night before, schools closed (which was not an easy feat back then) and we woke to flurries while the jersey shore cashed in. 

The one in Feb 89, buried ACY with 18 inches, I was just a teenager, will never forget

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not knowing how models are scripted to run, is it a problem with the model, data input? I mean it’s 2024 and these products are awful!

There's a hidden upshot to a complete bust inside of 15 hours ... and that is knowing all those adolescent people turned away from schools, forcing enormous logistical hardships upon the NYC life tomorrow, would turn out to have been vacuously unnecessary -  hahaha.  Priceless

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

We did back in Feb 87 and Feb 89, I remember those Heartbreakers like it was yesterday. One big difference was we had man cold in place

We went from a 15-20 inch blizzard to nada, cape got hammered, Shelby Scott was on location, you're right, I think it did happen twice. I remember Channel 5 cut into the football game with Dick Albert, Natalie asked if there was a chance it could still miss, Dickie said, NO. It did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Was historic further down the Cape; from one of James' old threads; 

image.thumb.png.f6645664f3a0a3f854c0b3d512cb676b.png

• Like 3

Nauseating

And had some high stakes decisions about tomorrow based on American guidance as well (12k/3kNAM, GFS, HREF) and considering that 12z NAM/GFS even ticked better than 6z runs

Happens to be American vs. foreign models (Euro, UK, Canadians)

I had pointed out last night about this chasing convection on the 0z Euro, but gives pause seeing it double down on that

UA analysis will be informative later this afternoon to see if this shortwave energy trajectory is more east vs. northeast

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I don't remember the dates, but there were multiple times I was so confident that school was going to be cancelled that I refused to do my homework and went to bed too late....crack the curtains, only to see the grass still showing and only flurries falling from the sky. Hated those storms....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2