• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

20 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Poor ant, He does this to himself everytime.

It's just amazing how these storms always trend north.  No point staying up late for models showing snow here past 144 hours.

I guess the only way it will snow here anymore is if it starts snowing in Florida at 144 hours.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The partial phasing, as opposed to a full phase was discussed yesterday which would be problematic for many if it was a full one a little bit of something is better than a lot in this instance, there has not been any run so far that have fully phased this this so I’m doubting that that’s even gonna happen

The GEM did Wednesday...the run that gave most of Maine 3'.

That N arc of this cyclone is maturing while the circulation is leaving the Bite water area which puts ~ E CT-SE NH deep into it IN TIME for a change...

Not sure you can move a sub 980 mb low across the lower Islands without a wind burst into the eastern 1/3 of SNE.

2-M temps crash from 32 to 25 for places like Lowell down to Holden and Worcester while there's heavy fall rates that are highly correlated when crossing up the 850 -- 700mb flow directions creating all kind of positive shear inducing lift.  At that time there's a coherent 300 mb entrance region fanning out at between 66 and 78 hours - no wonder a massive QPF loaded  CCB head is passing through.

This Euro run is just a text book for heavy snow from HFD-BED.   I'm seeing very similar structures/arguments in the recent GFS runs too.

Also, not sure there's enough time for wind momentum transfer but there is an astro high tide(s) Monday and Tuesday .. I think that 1pm one on Tuesday might be vulnerable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It's just amazing how these storms always trend north.  No point staying up late for models showing snow here past 144 hours.

I guess the only way it will snow here anymore is if it starts snowing in Florida at 144 hours.

Need to get out of that hell hole and move north.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

These number's are bananas. Unless the time fame is completely off you would need sky high ratios to achieve them. 18 24" :clown:

Euro was spitting out 1.4-1.7” of QPF over a chunk of central/eastern MA…so ratios really don’t need to be crazy to get 18”+ on that. Is it right? Meh, prob overdone but it’s within the envelope of possibilities given go w dynamic the Euro was aloft.