Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

7 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

I'm at 38F, and there's a good amount of precip moving in from the West. Is any of that snow? 

Yeah, current radar is mildly interesting...cold front/clipper moving through? Our Amazon Echo/Alexa speakers (about as accurate as DT) started spouting off within the past hour or two that there was "precipitation" due within the next hour or two. Don't think any of us "lowlanders" see anything, but appears that you north-of-DC folks might see...something. Don't know what form that falls in, though.

That's it.  I just sold my snow thrower.  Used once since the 2016 storm (and that was at my old place in cross junction).  Oil drained and replaced yearly, paid to move twice...all just to sit in my garage and collect dust.  Literally looks as good as the day I bought it.  It would've never gotten used again in stephens city, unless maybe to cleanup future sandstorms.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

Really great winter day here.  Upslope snow most of the morning/early afternoon before the sun broke through in the mid afternoon for a bit.  But there’s been bouts of moderate to heavy snow showers for the last several hours where we’ve picked up 1.5” of new snow.  

Currently 15 degrees with gusty winds and light snow. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Really great winter day here.  Upslope snow most of the morning/early afternoon before the sun broke through in the mid afternoon for a bit.  But there’s been bouts of moderate to heavy snow showers for the last several hours where we’ve picked up 1.5” of new snow.  

Currently 15 degrees with gusty winds and light snow. 

All things considered, we’ve actually done pretty well this year given how warm it’s been.  We’ve basically scored every single time it got cold.  Only problem is it hasn’t been cold much.  It’s rotten compared to our expectations but unless March-April is wall to wall torch we should be within striking distance of climo, or at least a respectable season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That's it.  I just sold my snow thrower.  Used once since the 2016 storm (and that was at my old place in cross junction).  Oil drained and replaced yearly, paid to move twice...all just to sit in my garage and collect dust.  Literally looks as good as the day I bought it.  It would've never gotten used again in stephens city, unless maybe to cleanup future sandstorms.

Cool story.. hopefully your crops are doing better

27 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This would've been a nice winter weekend if we'd have gotten forecast amounts of snow.  It was cloudy enough yesterday that patches of our 1/2" mulch-topper survived the day, and full snow cover would've really bottomed out the temps last night.

Snow at the Aldie house survived more than 24 hours… besides the January winter week that is best the winter could muster… sad IMG_3355.thumb.jpeg.8ed6f929a2a4df84e0e286fa4af98e88.jpeg

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic