• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday 1/28-midday Monday 29/2024 snowfall and OBS most of the NYC subforum including potential 1/2-2" NYC-LI-heavier toward I84.

wdrag

13 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Yet you ignore the entire HV of the state where you live which on this map does better than SNE.

You could live here too. Maybe time to get out of the snow hell hole that is Brooklyn. 

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Yeah I dont know what his thing is with new england lol, he's not even a Yankees fan

3 minutes ago, North and West said:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Forget them-- want to see real snow? I just found this!

Good morning everyone. Anthony, It’s hard to wait it out but when relief comes and the hole is, albeit briefly, filled it’s worth the wait. There are other options as CP suggested …… As always ….

IMG_7110.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

He's from Brooklyn, they don't acknowledge anything north of 125th St in NY as valid, they have to go out of state because the never-never-land that is Upstate NY is to be ignored.

we acknowledge Westchester county as the northern limit of the tristate area :P and lower Westchester at that!

I loved drawing maps and there's a map I drew in 3rd grade that draws all 5 boroughs of NYC and Long Island, wellllllllllllll I didn't draw anything west of Staten Island and north of Westchester I labeled as "North Pole"

It's not my fault, it's what our telephone directories showed lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

QUick question, is most of the accumulating snow coming from the first batch during the day on Sunday or the 2nd batch Sunday night? Looked to me like temp issues and white rain might be a concert with the first batch with the second batch being for for NW Jersey without temp issues later at night. 

I am just a mid Atlantic poster looking for clarification on where and when to chase this one and it appears to be a little tricky. Can't decide if I am after the 1st or second part of the storm. If I am going to NY State or NW Jersey. Thanks!

I don’t have time to go through and delete all the crap going back and forth but take the bickering etc over geography to banter. It’s frustrating, I get it and I’m frustrated too that this storm will likely suck for me again and we’re dealing with Pacific puke on 1/25. But we have banter for that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ag3 said:

IMO, this trends warmer and warmer.

It's an iffy setup at best and rarely works with Pac polar puke air-you'd have to get the storm to bomb out at the right time and pull in some workable air.   Latest trends are weaker/flatter that won't work without arctic air in the mix

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

QUick question, is most of the accumulating snow coming from the first batch during the day on Sunday or the 2nd batch Sunday night? Looked to me like temp issues and white rain might be a concert with the first batch with the second batch being for for NW Jersey without temp issues later at night. 

I am just a mid Atlantic poster looking for clarification on where and when to chase this one and it appears to be a little tricky. Can't decide if I am after the 1st or second part of the storm. If I am going to NY State or NW Jersey. Thanks!

I-80 and or I-78 IN E PA/NJ . Elevation driven period

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I don’t have time to go through and delete all the crap going back and forth but take the bickering etc over geography to banter. It’s frustrating, I get it and I’m frustrated too that this storm will likely suck for me again and we’re dealing with Pacific puke on 1/25. But we have banter for that. 

sorry. It’s just frustrating that people write off 1/3 of the forum. Back to weather.

I think it’s an interesting set up because it’s the opposite of what we deal with most of the time it’s rain, transitioning to snow with cold air rushing in.

The question is how quickly can the cold air get in here and can it reach the coast.

The guys deriding this as a marginal air mass:  the cold air will be in place. It’s a matter of timing with the storm. the cold air coming in is not marginal

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This is trending north 

Sorry guys I tried to give all of us snow.

Ensembles have been fairly consistently north of the OP runs with this event.  Another red flag going against it producing much of any snow near the city.  The focus has been mainly on the I84 corridor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rclab said:

Good morning everyone. Anthony, It’s hard to wait it out but when relief comes and the hole is, albeit briefly, filled it’s worth the wait. There are other options as CP suggested …… As always ….

IMG_7110.png

Morning rclab,

So this is where people have told me to go

35 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This is trending north 

Sorry guys I tried to give all of us snow.

To me this will trend north like these usually do which means stronger but more warm air kept in and a better storm for New England and I-84. Or it gets weaker and shifts south but fewer dynamics so a lousy outcome for everyone. Again the ceiling for us near the city is very low, maybe a sloppy inch or two if there’s a middle of road outcome? Given this setup I don’t see how this can end well here given what we’re going into the storm with airmass wise. Expectations should be very low outside the favored areas I mentioned. 

• Like 3

• wdrag changed the title to Sunday 1/28-midday Monday 29/2024 snowfall and OBS most of the NYC subforum including potential 1/2-2" NYC-LI-heavier toward I84.
  • IrishRob17 unpinned this topic