• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

142yrs of data and 7 of the top 10 least snowiest Feb’s have occurred in the last 50yrs. A Ratter month is becoming more common lol.

Oh wow…Really Luke…the least snowiest was 1941…83 yrs ago, give me a f’n break!  And the third snowiest on record was ‘13, and 8th snowiest was ‘17.  Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. And it’s one location, so go check the mid Atlantic in February 2010….I’ll bet it’s the most snow in Feb in most spots. So the mid Atlantic kills it in Feb 10, and Portland ME not too good… lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 7

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

142yrs of data and 7 of the top 10 least snowiest Feb’s have occurred in the last 50yrs. A Ratter month is becoming more common lol.

CC is also increasing variability.  How many of the 10 most snowy Februarys came in the last 50?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh wow…Really Luke…the least snowiest was 1941…83 yrs ago, give me a f’n break!  And the third snowiest on record was ‘13, and 8th snowiest was ‘17.  Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. And it’s one location, so go check the mid Atlantic in February 2010….I’ll bet it’s the most snow in Feb in most spots. So the mid Atlantic kills it in Feb 10, and Portland ME not too good… lol. 

Triggered…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It helps people sleep at night to just dismiss it as some random cyclical deal that happens all the time. The response it elicited is about what I’d expect lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

More warmth. More precipitation. Sometimes you lose big. Sometimes you win big.

So far it’s been a tradeoff that is worth it. The bigger ticket events and big ticket winters are enough to outweigh the ratters. But certainly a few years of underachieving can test people’s resolve.  

• Like 2