Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

he is right. this is indeed a nice pattern change 

IMG_4595.thumb.png.23bb3bf0eb7e13edd7fd67576774caaa.png

Just for haha's I'm super tempted to dig a bit deeper and look at the 384 hour data. I'd be willing to be that after assessing everything, the result would be a look which would be more likely to favor below-average temperatures vs. above-average. 

Cape Breton one of my favorite places on the planet (earth).  Paging Hazey...how did you do?

Still going here. I’m just around 50cms (20”). And I got fringed…lol. Serious matter in Cape Breton though. That is a shit ton of snow there.
  • Like 4

You can have an entire week or two or whatever period average above for temperatures...you could easily get a day or two of below-average which coincides with a storm and snow. 

Like Herb Brooks said, "One game. If we played them 10 times they might win 9. But not this game. Not tonight." 

We could have above average temperatures 9 out of 10 days and still come out of that stretch with a big snow event. It just takes that one day. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

You can have an entire week or two or whatever period average above for temperatures...you could easily get a day or two of below-average which coincides with a storm and snow. 

Like Herb Brooks said, "One game. If we played them 10 times they might win 9. But not this game. Not tonight." 

We could have above average temperatures 9 out of 10 days and still come out of that stretch with a big snow event. It just takes that one day. 

Insightful Wiz 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I will admit, because it’s mostly bare ground here, I wasn’t sad to have full sun and close to 50 this afternoon.  Beautiful afternoon for the Greenfield winter carnival and everybody had a good time despite the lack of snow.

50?

Another issue with this winter is an interesting observation Kevin made. Alaska has been BN all year with well AN snows. They are getting hammered, which usually means we are torching. I remember this same thing happening in the 2011-2012 winter. A true Torch Tiger winter.