• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

Ice is more of an issue today than Tuesday. I'm seeing 30.1 degrees on my outdoor weather station and the clouds are letting in enough sun that there's steady drippage from the roof line now. It's making some fantastic icicles but some nasty slicks on the driveway.

Right about 2" of new snow today in downtown Silver Spring and currently its very, very lightly snowing

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Better returns starting to show in Garrett County. Even LWX radar is picking them up.

Radar looks great back into WV and western MD. Starting to see tons of precip blossom in association with the h5 feature. Also, prepare for good snow growth and high ratio stuff the rest of the way in association with the ULL. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dukeblue219 said:

Ice is more of an issue today than Tuesday. I'm seeing 30.1 degrees on my outdoor weather station and the clouds are letting in enough sun that there's steady drippage from the roof line now. It's making some fantastic icicles but some nasty slicks on the driveway...

OT but when I walked up 1st Street to Union Station in DC on Wednesday, I saw icicles more than 2 feet long hanging from an overpass above the street.  Yikes when those melt and give way

Light snow and 28 in Germantown

• Like 1